11

𝗜𝘀 𝗶𝘁 𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗻𝗼𝘄?
    𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗘𝗹𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

    𝗜𝘀 𝗶𝘁 𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗻𝗼𝘄?    𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗘𝗹𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

June 2013

                   At least Sylwia had the decency to keep her nights, tights and rumours out of everyone's sight in the following months, focused only on her degree and wrestling; something which couldn't be said for Randy.

Was she surprised? Not at all. Disappointed? Yes. Mad at him? Much more.

Did he think she couldn't see him? There were flashing lights everywhere, and the locker room was not that big to let any rumour pass unnoticed.

He met another woman, just few weeks before she walked away for good. A fan of his, apparently, met in a live show. A woman who also wrote some nasty things about her on the internet.

That was how much he cared, Sylwia never felt any stupider in her whole life.

Randy tried to talk to her, several times, to at least what he still could fix; but it was a lost war. She completely cut him out, not evening a 'hello', nothing at all.

He tried to act like it was all okay, like he was okay, but he felt anger, sadness for how things went, at himself too for screwing up everything.

He went to Sylwia's graduation, contrary to what the young Polish girl thought. Dressed almost in disguise, he flew to California to support her in such an important moment in her life; he sat in the back rows, far from his family and some of his friends who had come directly from Katovice.

She looked beautiful that day, as always, and as always Randy was left amazed. How much he only wanted to hold her in his arms again.

And yes, he met another woman, but they both agreed on having a not serious thing for now, because Randy knew his head and heart were still for Sylwia. It wouldn't have been right for Kim, for Sylwia and for himself too.

During the graduation ceremony he saw how happy she was, radiant in her red suit, surrounded by the people she loved. He wanted to approach her, to congratulate her, to be part of her happiness; but if she avoided him until now, how could she be happy of seeing him? So he decided to not be selfish, not knowing that it was exactly what he had to do in that moment.

And when he saw, outside her university, after the ceremony, how close she looked with a certain boy -who, in some ways, looked like a bit like him-, Randy felt overwhelmed by pure jealousy. Just after some days he would found out it was her previous boyfriend, the one she left before arriving in America; Marek Czerniawski, that was his name.

After jealousy, he felt anger. So she had already forgotten him? Had he been as important to her as she still was to him, or was it she who had played with him?

Anyway, he sent her a bouquet of red roses as a gift, the same afternoon as her graduation, with a greeting card.

Meanwhile, Sylwia hoped that, for some unknown reasons, Randy would have been there. Her invitation to attend had always been valid for him; she wanted, and probably needed, him to be there for her, to tell her that he finally understood, that he wanted her and only her. But living delusional was never a good thing.