25

𝗘𝗻𝗱 𝗚𝗮𝗺𝗲
𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲 - 𝗘𝗽𝗶𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲

    𝗘𝗻𝗱 𝗚𝗮𝗺𝗲    𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲 - 𝗘𝗽𝗶𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲

Katowice, December 2024

It was at the age of five that Sylwia began to dream of her wedding, planning it at fourteen; over time, luckily for her, her tastes had never changed, and the Pole was still in love with the idea of marriage that she had long since realized.

She had always loved the Polish winter, with its harsh climates and snowflakes like in a fairy tale, so it was obvious that she wanted to have a winter wedding, in her hometown, in the church where she had been baptized. Getting married in church was another thing she didn't compromise on, either that or it was her husband to be changed.

And for the reception she wanted a typical Polish wedding, so wonderfully lively and fun, just like her.

Unfortunately, her first wedding was nothing like her dream wedding, but not because of the groom, but just because she and Marek had done everything in a hurry. A wedding in a church, but in front of a few intimate guests, an equally intimate reception due to their hectic work commitments... All very different from the big party she wanted and deserved.

But now... Now she was finally having that big dreamy wedding with the love of her life, the only man for her; and everything, good and bad, they went through in all those years was worth.

Finally, they were having their end game. She and him both had some big reputations, and they were sure their love story was one for the books, as big and epic as they were.

She had just finished her hair and makeup, her mother helped her put on her first dress, the one for church. "You look so perfect." Jolanta kept repeating, as Lukrecja kept filming everything with a small camera stolen from her husband. 'To remember the moment' she said, she would have stopped once they were ready to go, leaving that job to a professional.

Monika, her brother's wife and sister-in-law, instead kept checking that everything was okay, while little Rafał was playing with Krzysztof. It was surely a busy day at Wodiczko family's house.

Randy's family, however, had all flown to Poland so as not to miss the wedding, but they were all happy about this flight.

They said three was the perfect number, and for Randy it was the third wedding; now none had any doubts that this was his lifetime marriage.

"You look like a princess!" Lukrecja said at the sight of her younger sister in her wedding dress. "I go call dad!"

The dress, designed and made especially for her by a well-known Warsaw tailor, was truly princely, with an impressive skirt, a fitted bodice adorned with diamonds, a V-neck and long sleeves.

Jolanta kissed her youngest daughter and smiled at her, before Wojciech, who was holding Rafał, and Krzysztof also entered the room.

At the sight of his daughter, Wojciech could not hold back his tears, covering his eyes so as not to be seen crying. How strange it was to see a powerful, two-metre tall man get so emotional to the point of tears. Quickly, Jolanta handed him a napkin while Krzysztof patted his back and Rafał only giggled.