Chapter Twenty-Five

Elowen enjoyed attending Small Council meetings, even though they were occasionally dreadfully boring. She saw them as a symbol of Viserys's love and his trust in her. The Hand of the King had attempted to dissuade Viserys's attempts to include Elowen, stating a woman had no place in such decisions and was better suited for child rearing. Viserys had merely reminded the man of his grandmother, Queen Alysanne's place on her husband's council and how her advice had helped create a unified code of laws across the continent.

Seeing he would not be able to persuade the King, Otto had given up. He watched as Elowen sat at the King's left hand side, the hatred brewing deep inside continued to grow whenever Viserys listened to her counsel over his. It reached an all time high, when Elowen entered the rooms with the Princess Rhaenyra, having the teen sit across from her and pushing Otto further away from the King's ear.

"The Stepstones were meant to be won for the realm," Ser Tyland complained. "But over the past few days, it seems we have traded a Crabfeeder for a Sea Snake."

"This is clearly a rebuke for passing over Lady Laena for Her Majesty, Queen Elowen." Lord Lyonel spoke, nodding to where Elowen sat beside him.

"Years have passed since the business with his daughter." Viserys exclaimed. "Certainly, he cannot still be wroth?"

"The Sea Snake is an over-proud man, to be sure, Your Grace." The Grand Maester explained. "That pride has been injured. Perhaps we can salve the wound?"

"I fear Lord Corlys' pride is the least of our worries-'' Lord Beesbury began before the Hand of the King cut him off.

"I don't wish to cause you further distress, Your Grace. But my brother has sent disturbing word from Oldtown. Lord Corlys is said to have engaged in negotiations with the Sealord of Braavos. He plans to wed his daughter, Laena, to the Sealord's son. If House Velaryon entered into an alliance with the Free Cities then," One by one the lords all turned to look at Rhaenyra. Elowen clenched her teeth as she realized what was being proposed, grabbing Rhaenyra's hand from under the table. "We would have to seek our own marriage pact."

"Queen Rhaenys arranged marriages between houses to ensure peace," Elowen spoke, ensuring the attention turned from Rhaenyra to her. "Ser Tyland, your brother still seeks a wife, does he not?"

"Yes, Your Grace.But-" The Master of ships stuttered out.

"Excellent, Lord Corlys would be a fool to reject such a prosperous match."

"A wise suggestion, my love." Viserys praised his wife, before turning to where Ser Tyland sat at the foot of the table. "Write to your brother, Tyland."

"Right away, Your Grace." The man nodded.

★・・・・・・★

As the sun set over King's Landing, Elowen quietly soothed her son to sleep. The twins laid asleep in their cradles in the next room over. Elowen knelt beside Aegon's bed, now a young boy of three he had been given his own chambers in the same hall as his mother and father.

I saw a sweet and seemly sight. A blissful bird, a blossom bright," Elowen softly sang as her finger stroked over Aegon's brow and cheeks. "That morning made and mirth among. Lullay lullow, lullay lully."

Soft breathes slipped through his parted lips as dreams painted across the back of his eyelids. Elowen brushed a kiss against his forehead before she slipped from the room, making her way back to the chambers she shared with her husband.

Flames danced on the wicks of candles scattered around the room, chasing away the shadows cast by the fire burning in the hearth. A large copper tub had been filled with hot water, the warmth seeping into Viserys muscles and bones, soothing any aches. He glanced up as Elowen entered the chambers.

Elowen paused at the end of the tub, watching as the servant roughly scrubbed at Viserys's skin with a rag. "Let me take that."

The maid quickly passed the cloth to the Queen, standing from her spot so Elowen could take it. Elowen said nothing as she gently ran the cloth over his chest. A large hand caught her own, holding her prisoner against his skin. Hazel eyes slowly lifted to meet lavender, she could read the apology for his earlier actions clear in his eyes. Elowen subtly nodded, showing him she accepted.

"Leave us at once." Viserys commanded, his eyes turning hard as he glanced at the servants. Towels and scented oils were quickly placed on a nearby table as the attendants fled from the room. His hand released hers, allowing Elowen to continue cleaning his skin. "You have a far kinder touch than they do."

"Thank you, husband." Elowen smiled at the man, leaning forward to press a sweet kiss to his lips. Viserys attempted to follow her as she pulled away slightly. "I would hope you prefer your wife's touch to others." Elowen breathed against his lips, taunting him with a teasing smile as she leaned back.

"Temptress." Viserys uttered, though there was no bite to his words.

Elowen merely laughed at him, causing a large smile to spread across his lips at the way her eyes lit up. "You enjoy it."

"I do," Viserys caught her hand once more, pulling the cloth from her fingers and dropping it to the floor. "Join me."

Wavy brunette locks bounced as Elowen shook her head, though she stood to her feet allowing her dressing gown to fall to the floor. The neckline of her nightgown was secured by two strings tied together, keeping her breasts covered. Her hands lifted to her chest, tangling around the strings, before pulling them loose. With the only thing holding the fabric closed undone, the thin dress quickly fell open and slipped off of her frame, landing in a pile on the floor.

Elowen swung her leg over the edge of the tub, stepping into the warm water. She sat down atop Viserys, her knees framing his hips. Sweet giggles fell from her lips as she leaned closer, pressing her chest against his and wrapping her arms around his neck. Her finger slipped through strands of white gold, twirling the hair around her fingers.

One of Viserys's hands pressed into her lower back at the base of her spine, pulling her closer to him. His other hand cupped the side of her neck, thumb tracing over the edge of her jaw. He tilted her head so that she was all he could see. His world began at the warm pool of honey surrounded by emerald green and ended at the corners of her mouth.

"You are insatiable." Elowen whispered against his lips.

"So are you." He responded, pulling Elowen closer by the back of her neck until her lips finally met his own. 

AN: I imagine everyone who lives in the Red Keep is so tired of these two being horny all the time

-ELE