The Army Arrives

“The Golden-purple Commanding Badge! It’s really that badge. How did this old man Lin get his hands on that thing?”

The faces of everyone changed because the meaning of the Golden-purple Commanding Badge was not small. It had even more deterrence than the Azure Dragon Banner that Chu Feng brought back.

At the end, no matter how much strong the Azure Dragon School got, it was only one school. It could deter powers everywhere, but it could not order powers everywhere.

However, the Golden-purple City was different. Although in terms of inside information and strength it was inferior to the Azure Dragon School, it was the overlord at that area. The so-called "a strong dragon cannot suppress snakes on the ground". The same meaning applied.

[TN: The idiom means that a strong force (dragon) cannot suppress the local powers (snakes).]

Also, between cities, there were interconnected relationships. Although the Golden-purple City was a second-rate city that controlled its own land, on top of it, there were still first-rate cities. In terms of strength, it would not be inferior to the Azure Dragon School.

On top of first-rate cities, there were even the Prince’s Mansions. The strength of a Prince’s Mansion was extremely large and it was even no weaker than the first-rate school in the Azure Province, the Lingyun School.

But the most important thing was, behind the Prince’s Mansions, there was a huge monster. It was the Jiang Dynasty. The overlord of the Nine Provinces.

Which also meant, although the Jiang Dynasty did not restrict the development of various powers nor did it directly supervise the areas in the Nine Provinces, in reality, the imperial court already established a complete management system in the Nine Provinces. Everything in the Nine Provinces were within the hands of the Jiang Dynasty.

That also created the situation in which no matter how much stronger schools got, they were only a power in one area. No matter how weaker the cities were, they had the imperial court behind them as a supporter.

Schools could attack other schools, but very little of them would dare to provoke any city because they could not afford to do that.

So that was why to many families within the range of jurisdiction of the Golden-purple City, the name of the Golden-purple City was even scarier than the Azure Dragon School. The deterrence of the Golden-purple Commanding Badge far exceeded the Azure Dragon Banner.

“Why aren’t you kneeling even after seeing the Golden-purple Commanding Badge?” Seeing their fearful expressions, that manager Lin flamed at them. He pointed at the crowd and started to loudly yell.

When his words came out, it really did scare the crowd and there were indeed many people who kneeled with a poof. Especially the Zhao and Li families. They were as if seeing their savior and they started to knock their heads on the ground.

Facing that scene, Chu Feng slightly frowned as he put everything in his eyes. He suddenly understood a saying. He knew what the grass on the top of the wall bends with the wind meant because at that instant, there were a group of people in front of him who were like that.

“Why aren’t all of you kneeling? Do you dare to not put this Golden-purple Commanding Badge in your eyes? Do you dare not to put the city lord in your eyes?” Seeing that there were many people who did not kneel, that manager Lin loudly bellowed.