Face Contest

“Wan bro, I never would have thought that you already became a core disciple of the Wind Listener School. You are really the strongest in the young generation of our Golden-purple City!”

“You entered the Origin realm when you were 18 years old! You really make me admire you.”

“With Wan bro, this time, our Golden-purple City will certainly get first place in the New Excellence Assembly.”

When Wan Wenpeng appeared, the remaining males and females in the hall all stood and went up. They seemed fairly close to him so they should have met before.

“Everyone, you really glorify me too much. Not to mention the many geniuses within other cities, even within this Golden-purple City, I, Wan Wenpeng, do not dare to call myself the strongest.”

Wan Wenpeng humbly shook his head. However, from his smile, one could tell that he really enjoyed the praise of others.

“Oh? There’s a person stronger than Wan bro within the young generation of the Golden-purple City?” Everyone expressed astonishment.

“Everyone, don’t you know that the eldest daughter of the Golden-purple City’s lord, Chen Wanxi, already entered the Origin realm a year earlier and became a core disciple in the Lingyun School?”

“Wan bro, you are quite well-informed. Actually, we only knew about this recently so we never would have thought that you knew it as well.”The two people who mocked Chu Feng earlier spoke. As inner court disciples of the Lingyun School, obviously, they knew about the things that happened within their own school.

“So that means it’s true?” At that instant, some others were shocked. The Lingyun School was the #1 school in the Azure Province! To be able to become a core disciple in that school meant that they were the pride of the heavens. Their position were absolutely not comparable to theirs.

Although Wan Wenpeng was also a core disciple in a first-rate school, there was still a chunk of difference when compared to core disciples from the Lingyun school.

“Chen Wanxi is indeed strong. However, I’ve heard that because her mother died many years ago, she left in a rage. She hasn’t returned to the Golden-purple City in many years so I’m afraid she won’t return for this year’s New Excellence Assembly. Perhaps within her eyes, the honor or disgrace of the Golden-purple City has no relation with her.” Someone sighed and said.

“Who said that I wouldn’t return.” But just at that time, a fierce voice suddenly rang outside of the hall. Those who looked over were stunned.

Ads by Pubfuture
A young lady was standing outside of the hall and coldly staring at those who were within. Behind her, Chen Hui and several officers were standing there. Without much thinking, that person was the Chen Wanxi that everyone was talking about.

“This...” After seeing Chen Wanxi, the young man who spoke before paled and did not dare to speak any more.

“Sister Wanxi, is it you? Do you recognize me, Wan Wenpeng?”

Seeing that, Wan Wenpeng tidied up his clothes and moved closer to her. That year, when Chen Wanxi left the Golden-purple City, she was still a little girl. But now she already grew to be a slender young lady. Although her facial changes were the biggest, that special cold yet elegant airs was still there.

“Chen Hui, the distance to the Vermilion Bird City is quite far so let’s leave early.” However, the shocking thing was that Chen Wanxi did not even look at Wan Wenpeng and she even directly called her father’s famous name.

While facing that situation, Chen Hui could only dryly laugh and he arranged the carriages to prepare to bring Chu Feng and the others to the Vermilion Bird City.