Reunited

"Just be safe" Kirk continued softly.

————————

Ashely's POV

We slowly pulled into the hotel parking lot and Kirk brought the car to a gentle halt. I sighed low to myself before swinging the car door open. I slowly stepped out and turned to face the car. I bent down and smiled into the car.

"Thank you, Kirk, it was nice meeting you" I said softly before closing the door.

I looked around anxiously before walking to the back of the car and retrieving both mine and Jai's suitcase. Jai soon joined my side and grabbed his suitcase. We both gave Kirk one final wave before making our way inside of the hotel. We slowly strolled up to the front desk, where a smiling woman warmly greeted us.

"Hi, we have a booking" I said returning a smile.

"Yes, what was the names?" she questioned.

"Jai and Ashley Watson" Jai replied.

I looked to him with a smile. I wasn't ready for marriage just yet, but it was nice to hear. I looked back to the lady who lightly nodded her head and started to type on her computer.

"Yes, here is your hotel room card" she smiled as she handed Jai the card.

"Thank you" he said taking the card from her hands.

"You're in room 404" she said looking from me to Jai while smiling.

"Perfect" I smiled while wrapping my arm in Jai's.

I watched the lady at the front desk briefly breaking eye contact and glancing behind us. I turned around confused, only to witness her waving someone over. I watched as an employee of the hotel walked towards us.

"Will you please guide these guests to their room... room 404" she smiled at the man.

"Of course, right this way" the man said while grabbing our suitcases.

I looked at Jai with wide eyes as we exchanged glances before we wordlessly started trailing behind the man. We made our way into the elevator. It was a long silent ride up to our floor. The elevator stopped and the doors opened. The man stepped out and we continued to follow him. We stopped at a door, and he turned to us.

"Here it is" he said lightly.

"Thank you so much" I smiled.

"Enjoy your stay... If you need anything, feel free to call the front desk" he said letting go of the suitcases and turning away.

"Thank you so much" I said grabbing a hold on my suitcase as Jai opened the door.

"My pleasure" the man smiled before disappearing behind a corner.

Jai swung the door open revealing a magnificent sight. My eyes widened at the scene before me. I walked in with a grin on my face, dropping my bags by the door. I raced to the large window overlooking the city, I scoffed at the unbelievable view. It was breathtaking. I turned back and looked at the huge bed. I ran towards it and threw myself into it.

"This is beautiful" I said as I stared at the roof. Jai jumped onto the bed and wrapped his arms around me.

"You are" he smiled as he stared deeply into my eyes.

I grabbed his face and kissed him, a light giggle escaping my lips as I rolled over on top of him. I hovered over him with a smile. I broke eye contact shifting my attention to the captivating view outside the window. It felt good to get out of Rome for a while and I was overly excited to see Audrey. I hadn't seen her in years. The last time I saw her was at the airport, when Melissa and I first left for Tokyo. I got up from Jai's lap and walked over to my bag. I pulled out my phone and raised it to my ear.