Please forgive me

I didn't want to do this.

————————

Bill's POV

The subtle darkness eyes in his eyes made me fear for what he was about to say. Yet he looked upset, his face was soft.

"Just please listen" Tom said turning away from me.

"Just say it" I said softly before biting my lip.

"I think Ashley wants here to stay" he said looking back at me before turning away once again. "I overheard her on the phone" he added.

I didn't know what to say.

"Is that not a good thing?" I shrugged.

"Yes but how long till I snap Bill?" he looked at me with sadness in his eyes.

"You can cha-" I started.

"I can't Bill, and you know that. I've tried" Tom spoke clenching his jaw. "The last 2 weeks have been amazing it feels good to have her back... bu-" he continued.

"But what?" I said looking at him with my eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "I haven't seen you act like this since before she left" I added still looking at him.

"But what if I hurt her again Bill" he said looking up to me with watery eyes.

I took a step back confused. The pureness surrounding his words were unfamiliar.

"You won't-"

He took a deep breath and stood up tall. "I just need you to help tonight okay?" he demanded but I could tell by his tone he was unsure.

"I'm not going to help you Tom" I said blanky. "I don't know what you're planning but you will regret it" I continued holding his arm before walking past him.

Tom's POV

I held my breath and turned around making my way to Ashley's room. I opened the door quietly before walking in with a smile. I needed to make these last few hours count before I had to
let her go.

"Hi" she smiled from her bed.

"Let's drink tonight?" I said sitting on the end of her bed.

"Why? You hate when im drunk?" she said crawling to me before sitting down next to me.

"I don't hate when you're drunk" I said in defence.

"Sure" she rolled her eyes playfully.

"Hey, I could never hate you" I smiled at her as she laughed.

It went silent for a moment before she grabbed my arm. I looked at her before she opened her mouth.

"It feels like nothings changed. Like I never left" she smiled as my heart melted.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I don't know this all feels natural. Everyone's still the same" she said softly as I looked away. "But you have" she added squeezing my arm.

"I haven't" I said low before she softly grabbed my chin, so I faced her.

"You have. I can tell" she reassured me.

I looked at her then away before smiling and nodding. The door swung open as Bree stood with a smile. Ashley let go of my face and turned to her.

"What are you doing?" she asked snarky.

"Nothing?" Ash snapped back.

"I'm kidding" Bree laughed as she came into the room and sat on the bed.

My phone began to ring as I looked at the name pop up on my screen. A pit formed in my stomach as I stood up walking out of the room while raising the phone to my ear.

"Hey Tommy" she spoke through the phone.

"What is it?" I rolled my eyes.

"Hey, I don't need that attitude" Faye said
smug. "Come see me?" she continued.