"...I knew it had to be you"

I felt a warm tear fall on my leg before I gave into the darkness and let it consume me.

————————

Tom's POV

I let a few tears fall down my face as she laid limp in my arms. I bit my lip holding my tears in before looking behind me. I signalled Gustav to come outside and waited for him to come. I heard the door open as I quickly wiped my cheeks with my free hand. Gustav squatted down next to us and held Ashely's arm.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" he repeated.

"I have too" I replied low with a shaky voice.

"Okay" he said quietly pulling Ashley up.

I stood up as we carried her around the house and through to the driveway. I reached for my keys and opened the car door. Gustav helped me as we placed her in the car carefully. I looked up noticing a black car drive slowly past the gate. I looked up at Gustav as he furrowed his eyebrows at me confused.

I shut the door and watched as Gustav began to walk back into the house. I sighed and got into the driver's seat fixing the rear-view mirror so I could see Ashley.

I had to do this I reminded myself.

I reversed back out of the gate and began to fly down the street. I held my hands around the steering wheel tight as I unknowingly let a few tears spill out. I kept looking through the mirror at Ashley not wanting to let her go but I had to. I had to. I couldn't hurt her again.

In the darkness of the road, I saw headlights lined up ahead. I began to slow down in confusion wondering what was happening. I drove closer now seeing 3 cars blocking the road and a few people standing Infront. I stopped the car quickly grabbing my gun and stuffing it in my belt. I stepped out of the car squinting my eyes.

"Can you move?" I yelled towards the group. I couldn't see who they were because of the bright headlights behind them.

"No" I heard a familiar voice snarl.

"Faye?" I groaned.

"Yes" she giggled walking closer to me. "Why didn't you listen?" she continued tilting her head.

"I'm dealing with shit" I said taking a step closer before I heard people running. I watched as they stood behind me with guns pointing towards me.

"Oh, I am too" she said sarcastically before one of the men behind me grabbed my arms.

"Let me go" I said fighting him off before another man joined in holding me back. "Fuck off" I groaned as I looked back at the car.

I turned back around as Faye stared towards the car.

"Your girlfriend in there?" she said dropping her bottom lip staring up at me.

"What do you want?" I grunted looking down at her with a cold stare.

I didn't need this right now. I couldn't deal with this right now.

"I want you" she said blankly. "And I'm not going to let Miss Ashley interfere" she continued with a smile.

I felt my stomach turn as she laughed.

"Awh" she laughed. "I can see it in your eyes" she added as I bit my lip.

"What do you mean?" I grunted trying to get out of the men's grip.

"It's pathetic" she rolled her eyes as she turned around and signalled her men.

I watched as they began to walk towards the car. I began to try and get out of the men's grip, kicking and swigging my arms around.

"Fuck off from her" I screamed towards them as I heard Faye laugh.