Perfect dress

A gentle smile lingered on my lips as I settled back into my chair, as I finished my coffee.

————————

I placed my empty cup on my table and stood up from my chair. I spun around and picked up my bag that was hung on my seat and swung it onto my shoulder. I started to make my way out of the café with a confidence. Once I got outside I started to walk down the street with a grin on my face. I felt pure happiness for the first time in a while. I pulled out a pack of cigarettes and looked down the street before pulling one out and placing it in between my lips. I held my other hand around the cigarette so I could light it while I walked. I took a puff before someone slammed into me.

"Watch out" I said in annoyance as I turned around and waved my hands up.

I rolled my eyes with a sigh and turned around taking in another hit. I continued to walk down the street trying to find a store. I had to find a dress for the wedding. This the only time I had to find a dress. I stopped for a second and dropped the cigarette before stepping on it. I looked up for a moment across the street noticing a small boutique dress shop. Perfect I thought to myself as started to walk across the busy street. I smiled as I opened the door and walked into the store.

"Morning" a polite woman said as she stood behind the cash register.

"Hi" I smiled as I turned and started walking closer to a rack of dresses.

I started to search through the dresses. I had no idea what colour I would wear but I thought I would keep it simple. I continued walking to another section of dress but still found nothing. I was losing hope when a lady came up behind me.

"Hi, do you need help finding anything?" she asked with a smile.

"Yes I do actually. I have a wedding coming up and I need something simplistic but still pretty" I replied sending back a smile.

"What colour were you thinking? Is there a theme?" the nice women spoke.

"Black maybe. Or white. I honestly have no idea" I laughed lightly.

"Okay ill bring you some options. What size are you?" she asked politely.

"14" I replied.

"You can just hang around here and I'll bring you some options you can try on" she said as she slowly started to back away.

"Thank you" I smiled as I turned back to the rack. I hung around the clothing rack waiting for the women to come back with some dresses.

"So, this one is-" the women started.

"Oh my god" I laughed as I turned around. "You scared me" I added.

"I'm sorry honey" she laughed as she held up a dress. "This one is simple yet a perfect fit for the wedding" she continued.

The dress she held up was a white mid-length tight dress with a built-in corset. It was really stunning but I didn't know if it would be okay to wear to a wedding. The bride usually wears white, and I wouldn't want Aubrey to feel weird about me also wearing white. I lightly nodded my head, and she showed me the second dress.

"I think this one would be perfect" she spoke. "It's bit less boring and snatches the body really well" she added. I admired the dress as she spoke. This had to be the one.

"Thank you" I smiled.

"Here you go" she said handing the dresses to me. "Go try them on" she added.

I smiled once more before I started to walk over to the dressing rooms. I walked into the small room and hung the dresses up before starting to undress. I picked up the white one to give it a chance. I slipped into the dress and turned around and looked in the mirror. I really didn't like it. The corset didn't fit my chest right and it looked slutty. I turned around and looked to see the back. It was awful and didn't fit my body well. I started to take off the white dress and picked up the black one.

I stepped into the dress and wriggled it up my hips. I looked in the mirror as I tied the front up. I took a step back and smiled at my appearance. This black dress had a halter neck with thin straps, which framed my shoulders. The front had a tie-up design, which made my boobs look amazing and the beautiful cut out in the middle accentuated my waist. The dress was tight and had a high slit on one side. I looked in the mirror admiring the dress it was truly stunning and I felt so good. It was simple but had beautiful touches. I took another step closer and ran my hands up my body and grinned. I flicked my hair from out of my face and noticed the large and significant scar. I looked down for a moment. The dress didn't hide it. I sighed and put my hair over it once again. It was fine because I could hide it.

I started to take off the dress and I got back into my other clothing. I hung the dresses back onto the hangers and walked out. The women waited by the dressing rooms with a smile.

"What do you think" she asked with a light smile.

"The black one" I replied excitedly.

"Perfect. I'll just take those and ill have the black one up at the counter for you" she said holding her hands out.

I handed her the dresses before walking away from the lady. I stalled around the shop for a moment more and picked up a pair of sunglasses. They were big and had small gold details. I smiled before turning around and walking up to the counter.

"Hey Hun" the women said.

"Hi... uhm I have a dress behind the counter. Another empl-" I started.

"Here it is" she said softly.

"Yep" I smiled. "And this" I added putting the sunglasses on the counter.

"Okay" she said picking them up and scanning them. "Here you go. Have a nice day" she said with wide eyes before handing the bag over the counter.

"You too" I said as I sent her a smile back.

I turned around and began to walk out of the store. I opened the door and the sun hit my face which glistened a small smile. I turned and began walking down the street looking out for a taxi. I pulled out my phone and raised it to my ear.

"Hey babe" I spoke softly.

"Hi" Jai replied low.

"I'm coming back now" I spoke.

"Okay" he replied blunt.

"Jai?" I said confused. "What's wrong?".

"Nothing Ash" he replied.

"Okay well I'll see you soon. I love you" I said with smile.

"Bye" he replied.

"Jai?" I snapped.

"What" he replied with attitude.

"Say it back" I said a bit angry. There was a moment of silence before I heard him sigh loud.

"Love you" he replied abrupt before he hung up.

I sighed loud and shoved my phone in my bag. What the fuck was his problem. I looked down the road and saw taxi, so I quickly picked up my pace. I got to the car in time and got in with a smile.

"Hi, the Ace Hotel please" I said softly.

"Ok" he said with a smile as he stared at my through the rear view mirror.