𝑷𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝟔

"What are you doing here? " Payal asked with her face marring confusion and shock but Khushi rolled her eyes at her.

"Hello hi bye bye what's going on here. " Mami exclaimed staring in between the sisters suspiciously as the others looked on eagerly waiting for answers.

"She is here in her husband's house...... Her house. " A voice familiar to Payal but unfamiliar to the family except Khushi and Arnav replied clearly in anger.

Payal turned and was stunned to see Preeto staring at her in disgust as she walked towards a shocked Payal.

She was surprised seeing the Preeto who was always in traditional outfits wearing an office wear and looking elegant but then she remembered Preeto had a prestigious job in the city.

"Yes....... He is her husband. " Preeto reiterated pointing at Arnav and Payal turned to stare at him.

She looked down at Arnav's hand and saw him wearing a gold ring and khushi's ring finger graced with an emerald and diamond encrusted ring.

"You would have known about him or the fact that Khushi was married if you weren't busy playing the puppet of your narcissistic mother and aunt. "

Payal's eyes teared up hearing the accusation Preeto threw at her.

"I never supported them. " Payal retorted in a broken voice.

"But your silence regarding their abuse towards Khushi made you a culprit. " This time it was Arnav who spoke up and Payal shook her head as tears streamed down her face.

"Am sorry Khushi....... I really am...... I tried contacting but your number no longer existed and babuji refused to give me your contact...... I tried with Preeto's mother but she refused to give me Preeto's number as I suspected you were together....... I really tried Khushi. "

Khushi felt the sincerity in her voice but she wasn't going to fall for it anymore.

She was done being naive and easily forgiving and Arnav smiled feeling proud of her standing her ground.

She turned to Arnav and handed the tray to him.

"I hope you don't mind me using your study....... I and Preeto have some business to discuss before we leave."

Arnav shook his head and Khushi signalled Preeto to follow her and she threw an angry look at Payal before following Khushi.

Payal stood in the middle of the living room shaking and in tears.

Akash rushed towards her and held her shoulders leading her to the sofa.

He took the sarees from her and called out to HP to bring water.

Payal gulped down the water and smiled, thanked Akash as she handed the glass to him and he blushed.

This didn't sit well with Mami but Nani and Manohar smirked as Anjali and Shyam stared at her in disgust.

"Am sorry for what happened....... I was supposed to deliver these sarees to you Mrs Raizada. " Payal uttered in a broken voice trying her best to control her emotions.

"You must be Khushi's sister? " Nani asked and Payal shook her head no which confused Nani until she heard what Payal said.

"Sisters protect....... Sisters defend and if possible kill for their siblings....... I watched in silence because of my inferiority complex........ I don't deserve to be called her sister. "