𝑷𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝟏𝟖.

𝑵𝒐 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒐𝒇𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅.

RM.

A week Later.

It's been two days since Akash was discharged from the hospital and three days since Arnav got the results from the lap and just like he suspected, he was indeed right about Mami being innocent but what alarmed him the most was why Akash will poison himself and frame Mami who could face the death penalty if found guilty.

He knew for a fact Akash poisoned himself because the two days after Akash was admitted, he went into his room to get some clothes when he found a bunch of syringes and a small glass tube half filled by a clear liquid.

This sent alarm bells into his mind and he immediately rushed to the kitchen, pulled out two zip lock bags and placed them into it and into his coat.

When he saw everyone busy, he excused himself and went to met an old friend who owned a crime investigation lab and had the liquid run and fingerprints retrieved from them.

He had received the results two days ago and as he suspected, Akash and him were the only handprints that was found on the tube and syringes.

He knew he had to make Akash talk but a part of him felt bad for hiding all of this from Khushi and at the same time, something in his conscience made him feel right about hiding his findings from everyone until he confronts Akash.

He stared at Khushi who was peacefully sleeping on his chest and gently lifted her up and moved away from her.

Khushi frown in her sleep making Arnav chuckle as he realised she has been deprived of his warmth and he took his pillow and tucked it into her arms and Khushi smiled as Arnav shook his head.

He quietly walked into his closet and pulled out a hidden compartment under his drawer containing his ties and cufflinks.

He took the zip lock bag and a brown paper containing the results of his investigation and sneaked out.

He prayed that everyone would be asleep and he was lucky they were as he moved to Akash's room.

He opened the door and entered only to find Akash's bed empty.

He heard noise coming from his walk in closet and he walked up to the entrance to find Akash frantically searching for something.

"Looking for this? "

Akash jerked but smiled seeing Arnav until his eyes fell on the zip lock bag with the syringes and arsenic and his eyes widened in shock behind his glasses.

"Akash explain yourself. " Arnav gritted his teeth with rage in his eyes making Akash gulp.

He slowly walked up to his bed and sat on it with his head bowed in shame.

The tapping of Arnav's feet to the floor was an indication Arnav was getting impatient and wanted answers from him.

"There is no denying you poisoned yourselves because this lab results indicates that the liquid is Arsenic and you and my handprint were the only ones on the bottle....... You framed Mami and now your father is not only divorcing her but doing everything in his power for her to get the death sentence.......do you understand that your mother will be killed." Arnav yelled shaking from the rage and disappointment that had engulfed him.

"She deserves the death sentence and much more worse. " Akash responded in a eerily calm voice as he lifted his head and his eyes locked with a stunned Arnav.

Shivers run down Arnav's spine seeing the lack of remorse or pity from his sensitive brother.

He wondered what Mami had done to deserve this from Akash but his wondering was about to be answered.