𝑷𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝟖

No proofread.

Three Days Later.

Anjali walked aimlessly through the hospital corridors clinging on to the brown envelope in her hands with her eyes red from crying.

She saw people staring at her and limped hurriedly to her car and drove out totally oblivious of someone smiling as he dialed a number

"Arnav, she got the results..... What do I do now? " Aman revealed to Arnav.

"That all for now...... Come to the office and I hope your men have tapped hers and Shyam's phone and are tailing him everywhere he and Anjali goes? "

"They are. " Aman replied smiling as he cut the call.

He was happy seeing his friend was finally weaning himself off Anjali's manipulations.

For the past five years, he had watched his boss dance to the tune of his sister like a fool and had on multiple occasions tried to point it out to him but he was met with hostility from Arnav until the day he meet Khushi and finally two days ago.

Flashback.

Aman groaned as he tapped on the night stand by his bed trying to reach his phone.

He unplugged it from the charger, sat on the bed letting out a loud yawn and stared at his phone.

It was Arnav calling and the time was twenty five minutes past two in the morning.

"Hello boss? "

"Aman how many times have I told you not to call me boss...... It makes me feel like an old man. "

Aman laughed because for the past few weeks he had hated him calling him boss unlike before when he didn't bother.

He was loving this new and improved version of his friend and knew it was because of Khushi and he vowed to be her protector until the end of his life.

"Aman, I want you to call the director at City hospital and tell them I need the content of Anjali's medical report as soon as possible. "

Aman was shocked hearing Arnav call Anjali by her name and not Di.

"Hello Aman are you there? " Arnav asked with a glint of concern in his voice.

"Yes I am but why are you calling your sister by her name?....... For the past five years I have known you, you have never called her Anjali before. "

Aman heard Arnav sigh in the background and his made him perk up knowing something was seriously wrong.

"You were right Aman and am sorry for not believing you when you said Anjali was just using me........ I treated you like garbage because of that am I want to say am sorry. "