𝑷𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝟐𝟏

No, proofread.

RM.

Arnav's head rested on the bed rest as Khushi lay on his chest.

It was an exhausting day for the whole family and the most broken was Manohar.

Even after Nani told him he was not to be blamed for Ratna's obsession and Mami's lies and atrocities, poor Manohar didn't believe it and kept blaming himself.

He had to be sedated by the doctor after he began crying hysterically and was unable to stop himself.

Nani's blood pressure shot up with all the rollercoaster of emotions but luckily for the family, it was able to be controlled with her medications.

"Arnav? " Khushi whispered and Arnav hummed in response. "Will everything be okay? "

Arnav sighed and stood up so did Khushi, he kneeled on the bed facing Khushi and he knew Khushi was worried because of Manohar and Nani's condition. He cupped her face and smiled.

"Everything will be okay....... I will make it all okay...... Don't bother your nonexistent brain over this. "

Khushi gasped hearing Arnav insult her and she bounced on him beating and punching him playfully as Arnav laughed.

Arnav felt happy knowing for a few minutes, Khushi's mind would not be thinking about the problems in the family but would rather focus on being angry at him which was his objective when he said that.

Meanwhile, in Payal's room, she sat on her bed feeling sorry for Akash who had been hit with the harsh reality of his origin she wanted to console her but Akash had been avoiding her like a plague.

Payal thought it was because of the discovery of him being a product of rape but the truth was that Akash was wallowing in guilt for failing her and their unborn child all because of his obsession to gain his mother's love.

His guilt wouldn't allow him to look Payal in the eyes let alone comfort him.

This was Akash's thought as he stood at the door of Payal's bedroom.

Even though his guilt has decreased since his talk with Arnav an hour ago, he still felt it but snapped out of shunning Payal who he knew would be feeling bad for what he did.

He knocked and Payal opened the door surprised to see Akash.

She moved away and opened the door wider indicating her permission for Akash to enter.

Immediately Payal closed the door, Akash hugged her and burst out crying taking Payal aback as she didn't expect this much emotional reaction left alone with crying Akash.

She rubbed his back allowing him to cry more.

For the next five minutes, Akash cried nonstop until his wailing turned to sobbing and sniffles.

Payal broke the hug and led Akash to the bed without saying anything.

She sat in the middle of her king-size bed and tapped her lap.

Akash crawled onto the bed, laid down, and placed his head on her lap and she began caressing his hair.

For minutes they were silent until Akash's soft snoring filled the air.

Payal leaned forward and found him fast asleep.

She took off his glasses and placed them gently on the nightstand.

She picked up a pillow and gently laid his head on it as she moved closer and slept by him.

A few seconds later, she gasped as she felt Akash pull her into his chest and she smiled as she listened to his heartbeat which was like a dazing lullaby that sent her to sleep.