𝑷𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝟏𝟎

No proofread.

Mami walked up to her kitty party friends feeling nervous. It been two days since the family left for their vacation and her friends had called her up to meet at a new high end cafe which was the talk of the town.

She knew they only wanted questions as they had seen Akash's social media post of the family sans her, Anjali and Shyam.

She sat down and her friend Shamita stared her up and down whilst they others looked on smirking.

Gone was the day, Mami use to boss them around and knowing what they know now, they were ready to give her a taste of her own medicine.

"Manu is it true you and Manohar are getting divorced and you are now sleep in different rooms. "

Mami was shocked hearing this but felt they didn't ask out of concern but out of mockery.

She called for the waiter to bring her a cup of coffee which she sipped to cool her nerves and turned to her friends smiling widely to cover up her nervousness.

"You heard wrong Swati...... I and Manohar are stronger than we were before. "

"If that is true, then why were you, Anjali and Shyam excluded from the family vacation but strangers whom we don't even know are in the beach photo Akash posted on his social media. " Bhumi the wife of Arnav's business acquaintance asked suspiciously as she pushed her phone into Mami's face peeking the attention of the others who were dying for gossip.

Mami took the phone and smiled back at Bhumi who was smirking at her.

"Oh Bhumi my dear......... It's not every day one has to go everywhere with family, I wanted some alone time. " Mami paused as she remembered Khushi's status and smirked which took them by surprise. "In fact let me show you who those strangers you call in Akash's photo are. " The girl in the red bathing suit is the wife of Arnav and the heiress to GT as in Gupta Textiles, the girl on Akash's immediate right is her best friend and manager at GT, her name is Preeto....... The girl in the white bathing suit standing by that man is Payal the sister of Khushi and the man is the father of Khushi my daughter in law....... You know the family goes on vacation every year but this year I wanted to rest that's why I didn't go and as for the reason why the world doesn't know about Arnav's marital status,it because my bahu wants to wait for some time and I agreed making all the family agree. " Mami exclaimed arrogantly as she sipped on her tea and all her friends were envious except Bhumi who was on a mission to expose Mami and become the head of their group and also a huge deal was waiting for her if she succeeds in making Mami be shunned and mocked by all.

"Wow Manu..... You are really living the high life with such a high class daughter in law around. " Maya exclaimed envious and this boosted Mami's ego.

"Of course my dear Maya...... I have to be careful whom I introduce for my sons." Mami exclaimed arrogantly and implying she set Arnav up with Khushi. " Don't worry guys, I will definitely set all of your children up with really influential people. "

All her friends except Bhumi beamed hearing this but Bhumi cringed seeing her pompous nature.

She loved seeing Mami all happy and bragging but now she smirked knowing she was about to out her as a liar and a fraud.

"Well if what you said is indeed true then you don't mind paying for our orders after all you have such an influential daughter in law who happens to own this hot spot. " Bhumi exclaimed innocently as they all stared at Mami stunned but happy that they didn't have to pay for all the expensive sweets, snacks and beverages they had been ordering for the past hour before Mami arrived.