𝑷𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝟏𝟗

Sorry for the late update.

Promise to make the next update longer to make up for the delay.

𝑵𝒐 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒐𝒇𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅.

Arnav, Khushi, and Preeto were laughing at Aman who was narrating how he is still scared of Preeto's mum.

Khushi stared at her best friend smiling and her eyes started shimmering seeing Preeto happy.

In their past life, Preeto had lost her mother three weeks after her wedding in Laxmi Nagar and she became extremely depressed which turned the once no-nonsense and fierce Preeto into a docile and timid person thus encouraging her husband and his family to abuse her because she was now an orphan.

But now she had managed to divert that horrible fate of her best friend and she is now with a man who adores her and Mrs. Sinha is also alive.

Arnav who was sitting in the back seat with Khushi as they drove back home after dropping Nk off at the airport sensed her silence and turned to find her staring at Preeto and Aman with shimmering eyes and a smile on her face.

He realized what she was thinking and kissed her cheek breaking her reverie.

"She has the right one now. " Arnav whispered into her eyes and she smiled and nodded.

"Some people just can't wait to be alone. " Preeto teased staring at them through the rearview mirror and Aman snickered and winked at Arnav who chuckled.

"What the hell is going on? " Aman exclaimed and they all stared ahead to find police and ambulances at the gates of RM.

Panic erupted among them as they got down and soon Nani, Shashi, and Manohar who were in a separate car behind them followed.

Arnav saw the commissioner standing with his men and rushed to him.

He was about to speak when the paramedics walked down the stairs with a stretcher with a black body bag on it.

Arnav teared up thinking it was Akash but was immediately relieved seeing Akash holding onto a petrified Payal as they walked behind the stretcher Anjali followed but she was in handcuffs being led to the police car.

"Bhai? " Akash exclaimed as they walked up to the family.

Khushi cupped Payal's face and she burst out crying and Khushi hugged her.

"What's going on here? " Arnav asked concerned

"Payal was giving me my medication when we heard Anjali screaming...... We rushed to her room and heard Shyam beating her up...... I tried to get in but the door was locked so I slammed myself onto the door breaking only to find Shyam on the floor with a gunshot to his head......... Anjali had shot him and then turned her gun on us. "

Arnav was immediately filled with rage hearing this but mellowed as Akash continued.

" For a second I thought she was going to shoot us but she turned the gun back on Shyam and shot him in his chest....... HP called the police and Shyam was unfortunately dead before they got there........ They are detaining her for now until they are done with the interrogations........ The commissioner also wants us to go to the police station with them. "

Arnav turned to Nani and the others to find Manohar and Shashi in shock but Nani looked unfazed by what had just happened.

"Nani, are you okay? " Arnav asked with concern as he didn't want her panicking in any way which might affect her health.