.04 reunited exs

a month later

marleys pov
being billies bodyguard is not what i thought it would be. we've become closer over the last couple weeks but i wouldn't say we're friends yet.

but tonight there's this party or whatever that's happening with a bunch of artists and bands that billie asked i tagged along to.

i wasn't thrilled when she wanted me to wear something fancy and not look like a body guard but i have to do what she says.

"willow i need an outfit" i said walking into her room. it was 4pm and the party was at 6. she stood from her bed only in a tank top and red thong. "i have nothing for this party that looks good enough"

"yes! do i finally get to dress you up?" she said with a smile and i nodded hating how exited she was getting.

40 minutes later we had settled on an outfit and i finished getting ready before leaving again.

i picked billie up and she was hyping the party up saying i was going to have so much fun. she also said that finneas and claudia would meet us there.

20 minutes later we pulled up to a house that looked like a highschool party had happened every night for the past week.

there was alcohol of course but i don't drink and i have to drive home too. billie wasn't a big drinker either so we hung around the couches talking with other artists i honestly couldn't tell you their names.

billie had gone to the bathroom 10 minutes ago. she promised she would be back and that i didn't need to go with her but it's been ages so i went looking.

i quickly found the bathroom but she wasn't in there. god now i need to ask around.

"hey have you seen billie eilish" i asked some guy with a buzz cut.

"out in the pool i think" he said and i thanked him heading out there. i heard yelling and saw some guy with pink hair and a small goatee.

"dude i don't want to talk to you leave me alone" billie said trying to walk away but the guy grabbed her arm.

i walked over to them and the guys back was to me. billie looked at me and relief flooded her face.

the pink haired guy turned around and looked at me and almost laughed.

"what you got a little girlfriend now to protect you" he said and i grabbed billie leading her away from the man.

"who's that"
"my ex, you should punch him, i'll say you were protecting me"

"hey i didn't say i was done talking to her" the guy said grabbing her shirt and pushing me away. so now i got to punch the guy.

i punched his face making his nose bleed. "okay i say leave her alone" i figured the punch was enough of a warning but he swung at me.

i easily dodged him as his attempts were sloppy. i only had to punch him one more time before he tripped over his feet and into the pool.

"are you okay" i asked her and she nodded smiling at me but she had tears in her eyes.

"he just brought up some bad memories" she smiled and we got out of there once her ex was getting out of the pool.

she held my hand to lead me through the crowd to find finneas and claudia.
"Q's here, we're leaving" she told her brother and he nodded getting up.

"do you need me to beat him up again" finneas said seriously and she shook her head saying i did it already.

billie and i got into my car and i wasn't too sure where we were going now.
"can we just drive around for a bit, i'll pay for your fuel" billie offered and i nodded letting her play her music and recline her seat. i loved the city at night and so did she so we drove around peace washing over us.

"can we get food, im starving" the star asked tilting her head to the side to look at me. i nodded heading to taco bell.

she smiled recognising where we're going. "we can go somewhere else cause you don't like taco bell" she offered and i shrugged.

billie ordered from her phone asking if she could use my name for the order "i love your name, it's like bob marley"

"that's who i was named after" i said parking "my dad worked for him"

"bob died like 40 years ago"
"my dads really old"
"so's mine"
"he's 72"
"only 7 years older than mine"

by the time we finished talking about our old dads her order was ready to collect. i walked in showing her phone and picking up the order. bringing it back to the car. i passed her the food and she gave me a chips telling me to eat them.

after some random selection of songs judas by lady gaga comes on and i watched as she puts her food down quickly.

laughing as she sings the song she skips it half way in.
"who's your childhood crush" billie asked me.

"jade from victorious" i said turning in my seat to face her as she did the same. "yours"

"you'll laugh" she shook her head.
"tell me" i said as i threw a chip at her face.

"Justin bieber" it is true i laughed.
"i think we all thought he was hot at one point"

"trust me, my obsession was worse"

we finished our food and started to drive back to her house. it was like 11pm at this point so i was tired and still had an hours drive back.

all of a sudden she got a call which she answered since it was her mum.
"finneas told me about Q are you okay, where are you"
"i'm all good ma, marley was there and then we went and got food"
"marely saved you?"
"she is my bodyguard"

they talked and eventually we pulled up to her house. she said goodbye to her mum and turned back towards me.
"thank you for tonight"

"no problem" i smiled at her yawning.

"how far away do you live again"
"like an hour"

"well it's already late so why don't you just stay the night"