calming confessions

"i'm not even that drunk" marley claimed not being able to choose an eye to look at.

"okay mars whatever you say" the singer said grabbing some left overs from her fridge for her to eat something.

"you eat dinner, i'll go get you some pyjamas" billie said walking back to her room.

billies pov
i don't know why marley was here but i didn't complain. i was glad she wasn't lost somewhere.
i did text willow saying she was at my place though so they weren't concerned when she wasn't there in the morning.

getting some of my clothes i walk back to the kitchen to find the girl on the floor eating the mini burritos i had given her staring ahead.
"here" i gave her the shirt by putting her head through the neck hole. she stuck her arms through it and waved me down to join her on the floor.

the shirt was like a 4xl i think so the sleeves went down to her elbows. her hair was out now and she looked so pretty.

"your a really good cook. i didn't know i liked burritos. no it's a craving not a crush" she decided and that last sentence had a ring to it.

she seemed more so tipsy but functional and after eating the container collectively between us we went to bed. i got a bucket, glass of water and some panadol just in case before getting in beside her.

i had a massive bed. like a super king or whatever but she still wanted to be right next to me. "your so pretty" she said her hand touching my face.

i couldn't help but feel my face heat up. "your full of compliments today aren't you" i said in a whisper.

"how can i not complicate a pretty face" she giggled rolling to her back.
"you mean compliment?" it was my turn to laugh at her and roll to my back.

"shhhh" she laughed dragging hand down my face. i grabbed her hand off my mouth and she interlocked out fingers.

the next morning.

i had woken up in marleys arms. the only person i had ever cuddled with in bed is zoe when either of us are upset but this feels so much warmer.

she was rubbing her thumb over my side mindlessly as i think she was still sleeping.

i was falling in and out of sleep when i felt the girl in my arms start to wake up. i didn't move but she started to sit up i'm assuming to stretch before she fell back into my arms.

she rested her head just under mine and pulled the blanket up back over us. ugh i know this probably doesn't mean anything to her but it's everything.

"i know your awake bil" she laughed not moving from our hold.
"go back to sleep i'm still tired" i told her and she laughed at me.

"it's like midday" she explained. i just groaned knowing she wouldn't fall back asleep. i opened my eyes glaring at her and she sent me a playful smile. "can i spend stay with you today?" i nodded glad to have her here.

we just laid there for awhile, it took us around 2 hours to actually get out of bed the only reason we did was because i wanted breakfast.

later on.

"come on you have to have had an awkward phase as a teenager, i had the whole emo thing" marley looked at me knowing i wasn't actually emo.

"no i was just me" she shrugged but i could tell she was hiding something. i kept lightly pestering her thinking it was just something silly until she finally started going through her photos.

"i was just very sick as a teenager" she said in a tone which made me realise what she meant instantly. the signs were there. i should have known.

"oh mars, i'm sorry never mind, you don't have to show me pictures" i assured her changing the topic. she just shook her head not caring about me knowing.

"i got diagnosed with anorexia at 11" she passed me her phone with a shrug and i scrolled through a couple of the photos. "it's why i got into the gym in the first place. it helped me get out of my worst waves. it's still there. it doesn't go away but im better at dealing with it now" she said as i passed her her phone back.

"im proud of you for how far you've come" i smiled at her. we talked about it for a while since she wanted me to know and i ended up telling her about some of my worst times with depression then we just sat there for a while in an understanding silence. an understanding that as long as we were drowning together we would be okay. we understood each other.

"i can't explain it i just feel like i could tell you anything and everything" marley said looking up from where she was staring at my wall
"i'm a great listener" i opted incase she wanted to say anything else.

she just stared at me with this look in her eyes. we turned to face eachother. her eyes flicked between my eyes and my lips. or maybe i was imagining it.

my heart started to race as we continued to stare at eachother.

until my front door opened.

spinning around since i wasn't expecting anyone i see finn claudia and his dog peaches walk in. shark and peaches instantly were running in circles.

"hey we still recording that song today?" he asked now noticing marley next to me. "hey marley"

"hi finn" she said quietly.

"oh shit yeah i forgot about that, do you wanna come help us?" i then turned my attention back to marley placing a hand on her knee. she nodded and the 4 of us went into my studio.

claudia and marley sat on the couch as finneas and i took out spots.
"what did we decide the song was called again?"

"skinny" i said. it was the first track of my next album and it's like my barbie song but sadder.

marleys pov
the dogs came in so i was on the floor with shark laying over my legs. he might be a pit but he's such a sweetheart. i really want to get a dog but my landlord wouldn't allow it.

i watched almost zoned out listening to billie's song it was heartbreaking the lyrics floated about my head as i wasn't focused on anything.

claudia was behind me playing with my hair with one hand as she was on her phone. every now an again billie would make eye contact with me and smile.

i liked it here.