flowers remember

dont even talk to me, i had a really good chapter written on word in class and my computer fucked itself now i cant get it back.

so i changed the plot

billies pov.

marley sat in my passenger side wrapping her arms around herself. i still hadnt told her where we going but let me surprise her. she was on aux and started playing slow country. "didnt take you as a cowgirl mars" i laughed and she rolled her eyes.

"my sisters doing, she would always play it in the car when she got her license" she smiled sadly starting to sing along to tennessee whiskey.

"she was 6 years older than you yeah?" i asked and she nodded.

"would you ever write a country song o'connell" she asked turning to look at me. i tried to keep my eyes on the road but its hard when i have her next to me.

"no i dont think so, but crazy things happen all the time" i shrugged taking a sudden left. we were almost there. i hope.
we continued talking and soon i pulled over on the side of the road.

"taking me out here to kill me or something" she asked suspiciously

"dammit it was supposed to be a surprise" i went along with it as we hopped out. i stopped as she tied her shoes before we continued walking.

there was a sign but it was knocked over so she didnt see where we were going. the first thing we passed was a cafe nessled between the trees but i kept going. soon the small stretch of small businesses and trees broke and we were overlooking a grassy beach.

"just a bit further" i laughed as she stood in awe at the view. where we were was like a small cliff and it was a straight view of the horizon. soon enough the view broke out into a field of flowers of all colours.

i paid the lady at the stall and we walked in with our baskets. "i remember you saying how no one ever gets you flowers so i figured we go pick our own" i smiled at her once i saw a grin cross her face. "you said something about the lily of the valley being your favourite and this is the only place in LA that has them" i said continuing walking but she was slow to follow, when i turned aroud to see whats wrong she looked like she could cry.

"no one has ever remembered that" she had an upside down smile and i laughed and hugged her.

"guess im better" than your girlfriend i thought, though i wasnt actually sure they were dating yet mars hasnt said anything especially not to me. we continued walking picking our own bouquets of flowers.

"oh look, this one is exactly like your eyes" she said kneeling down to pick the plant up. she held it beside my face and i laughed rolling my eyes.

"now i gotta find one for you"
"good luck finding a brown flower" she said amused.
"your eyes aren't just brown, it's more hazel when your outside and almost green in the sunlight" i mentioned looking over the flowers "sorry" i said once i noticed her staring at me with some look on her face. she just shook her head with a grin.

it didn't take me that much longer to find her flower and we added our respective flowers to our baskets. once we got to the end of the flowers there was a place where you could wrap your bouquets.

we did that and then right next to there there was also a fruit market.

we bought some fresh fruit before going down to sit on the grass. the wind was cold against my face and it was a bit gloomy but that didnt matter. marley and i ate the variety of fresh fruit that was ridiculously priced but its alright. talking about anything that came to mind.

"thank you for getting me out of the house, i genuinely would have laid in bed till the evening" she said pulling at the grass.

"its okay mars, i get it like really really get what you mean" we laughed and she nodded thanking me again.

"i just feel trapped for like no reason and i dont know why, like i cant break the cycle" she sighed laying down covering her eyes with her hand. even if it was overcast the clouds were bright. i hummed understanding what she meant.

i laid down beside her and we stared at the greying clouds. "my sister would have loved you" she told me all of a sudden.

"why is that" she began to list things i had never even known myself. i was in awe.

it started to spit but we didnt move until it was pouring. we made it to the cafe from before just in time. i ordered a vegan burger since it was around lunch time but marley didn't get anything but i know todays not the best so i didn't push her.

"how are you not starving" i groaned as it was taking forever for my food to come out. and all i could smell was other peoples dishes.

"if i dont go to the gym i dont get that hungry" she shrugged petting the orange cat that had summoned at her feet. it jumped into her lap and started purring.

finally my food came and i dug into it immediately. i noticed marley focusing all her attention on the cat who was now curled up against her.

why do i always fall for people i cant have.

a/n
i didn't know billie was going to fall first but the voices want what the voices want