.16 comfort food

my mother isn't happy i spent 180 dollars (aud) on hit me hard and soft merch.

anyway

marleys pov
it had been a few weeks since i worked for billie, her team hadn't called me for anything so i had more free time to work on uni and unfortunately my manager had me working practically every night at the bar.

this got me taking an afternoon nap instead of sleeping but my body was starting to get used to it.

bossbillieeilish

billie
hey baby i just got a concert in paris can you come with me? we pay for everything you just gotta protect me.

marley
yeah of course just give me dates

billie
it's on the 22nd next month, so we're thinking of going over there for my birthday.
also when are you free we haven't hung out in too long

marley
yeah no major life events going on then i should be good
and it's been like 2 weeks

billie
exactly

we organised to go out for food later tonight but it was only 1pm right now.
"you doing okay?" willow came out to the balcony with me.

i hummed a response and stared down at the city below me.
"you haven't been yourself" she continued. i shrugged placing my phone beside me and resting my head on the railing.

my legs were through the poles hanging over the edge. "how's mason" i asked knowing she just got back from a second date with a new guy.

"he's really nice, but i don't feel it, i'll tell him tonight" she explained resting her head on my shoulder. "how's your love life"

"same as always" i turned to look at her. "i don't think i could do a relationship right now" she nodded and it started raining. stupid winter weather.

"come on" willow waved me inside. i was slow to get up my legs numb and stuck on the poles.
i told her i was going out for dinner with billie later and she nodded sitting on the couch.

alyssa was watching survivor again gawking at the men. "it's better than porn" she said as you get close ups of their muscles and everything.

i laid down with my head on a pillow in her lap she looked down at me. "your bruises are almost gone" she said and i nodded closing my eyes.

i didn't intend on falling asleep but i can sleep anytime at this point.

3rd person pov
it was 6pm and billie had just called marley saying she was here. after getting not response she hopped out heading up to her apartment.

the star knocked on what she really hopes was their door and luckily willow opened the door.
"oh hey, marley fell asleep sorry" she said walking in "lyss wake her up billies here"

"s'all good" she smiled. "hey" billie greeted when marley stood front when couch.

"hey sorry, do i need to change" she asked since she was just in a hoodie and long pants.

"nah, we'll be cruising" the singer responded accepting the hug she was being brought into. "you ready then?" after receiving a nod the pair left.

"i never thought people actually looked good when they just woke up but here you are" she flirted as soon as they got in the car.

"stop" marley laughed it off turning the heating up a little in billies car. "i really love your car"

they drove around laughing and catching up as they decided where to eat. billie was in baggy jeans and a racing jacket so any fancy place would judge the pair.

"oh wait i know a place" marley said "it's called patio coffee and comfort food, they have a really good dinner menu" billie took the girls instructions on where to go and soon they were outside this beach front restaurant. it had beanbags and lounge chairs outside or couches and booths inside.

"hey august" marley greeted a worker as soon as they walked in.
"lee hey" she smiled back handing over some menus.

billie and marley decided on the beanbags sitting down and pulling their chairs closer to eachother.

"what are you getting" the brunette asked turning to the singer, they were so close their heads was right beside each others.

they discussed the food options before calling a waiter over to order. "this place is adorable" billie complimented staring out at the ocean.

"i used to come here a lot in highschool, august and i went to the same one" she explained tilting her head sideways on her knees.

"the sunset makes the sand in my shoes worth it" billie laughed playing with her laces.

"oh sorry, we can sit inside"
"no no, it's okay mars i like it out here" the singer assured. "how's work been"

"alright, some nights it's horrible but i'm pretty used to it now"
"how long will this 'favour' last?" marley didn't have an answer so she shrugged.

10 minutes later their dinner came out and marley sat up to lean over the table. "i love this place because it's not overly presented you know the food was made with love" billie hummed in agreement digging in straight away.

they were talking about the new music the singer was coming up with. and marley listened her whole attention on the girl.

"i love how passionate you are about music" she smiled earning a blush from billie.

"ive always been inlove with it, it's always been my passion, now i get to make it and help thousands of people" she explained "a win win if you ask me"

marley nodded agreeing and taking some more bites of her dinner. "what are you passionate about" she got asked a second later. the girl didn't have an answer so she just shrugged.

"i used to love cadets but that was crushed" she said shaking her head and keeping her eyes on her meal. billie stared into the top of her head wondering what she meant.

"why did it get crushed?" she asked in a tone so marley knew she didn't have to say if she wasn't comfortable.

"as soon as i got accepted my commander thought i owed him something for the opportunity, he was my dads friend i trained with him growing up, i owed him for it yeah but not the way he wanted" she explained feeling completely comfortable telling billie. she trusted her.

"oh mars" she said because who knows what to say. the latter just did a one shoulder shrug moving around her food with her fork.

"it's whatever" she brushed over the topic now. marley saw august walking around again and called her over asking for another drink.

billie reached out and held marleys other hand. her rings were cold but she smiled softly back at the star.

a cold breeze blew past them. the ambient sound of people talking and the music from the cafe filled the atmosphere.