a relationship?

marleys pov 

"mars she was flirting with you" willow laughed as i told her about the girl who wouldn't leave me alone last night. 

"no, she was just nice and a bit tipsy" i said but now i was thinking about it. i started blending my smoothie halting our conversation. i mean she was pretty but was she flirting with me?

"oh so you gave her your number though" willow said looking at my phone. "hey gorgeous its liv from last night, i was wondering if you want to go out for lunch or something" she read out. 

"i forgot about that" i mumbled taking my phone back from her. "i dont have time for something right now" 

"well it doesn't have to be something  just go on the date see how it goes, you need to get out a little" willow said as i poured her a glass of the drink. 

"i get out" i argued. she countered it saying the only going out i do is with billie so i agreed to go out to lunch with her. 

hey liv, id love to what were you thinking. 

we continued to text throughout the morning and we settled on lunch today at this diner place id never been to. it felt so weird to have to get ready and i didn't know why i was so nervous. 

"woah, marley's not in sweats what did i miss" alyssa said as soon as she woke up.

"she's got a date!" willow seemed more exited than me. alyssa instantly wanted to be filled in i told her most of it but soon enough i had to leave for uni. then i had the lunch straight after. 

i arrived at uni and once i was sat in my class blake whistled. "whats got you dressed up" he said before the teacher was here. i get i usually look like shit but im not even that dressed up. 

"ive got a date, i think" was it a date? do i want it to be. anyway we talked about liv since he was there last night and saw us talking a little. 

soon class started and it couldnt have gone slower.

i drove the 15 minutes to the diner and saw olivia already waiting. "hey" was the best thing i could come up with when i saw her. 

"hey marley, i was worried you weren't actually going to come" she laughed "i got you a coffee" i thanked the girl taking a seat. im not a big fan of coffee but i appreciate it 

"so what do you do?" i asked olivia watching as she put more sugar into her drink. 

"just figuring it out right now" she responded "dealing with life as it comes at me, what about you?" 

"oh i actually work at that club last night, and as a personal bodyguard and im in uni" i laughed stirring my coffee and taking another sip. liv made a comment about how busy i must be and i just nodded.

"who needs a personal bodyguard though" olivia laughs 

"famous celebrities?" i said with a laugh. the girl instantly wanted to know who i worked for. "billie eilish" i informed her, even if i didnt tell her it would take 2 seconds of instagram stalking to find out. 

"thats so cool" 

the rest of the date went on smoothly but im just not sure. yeah shes exactly my type but something was stopping me from liking her more. 

"shit i forgot my wallet" olivia said right as the waitress came over with the bill. 

"its okay, i got it" i said with a smile handing my card over. it seemed like an honest mistake

"ill have to pay for the next one" she laughed as we left the diner. i laughed and nodded as i got into my car. 

"soooo how was it" willow asked once i got home. 

"shes amazing, but i dont know" i said collapsing into the couch. the girls and i continued to talk about it. "i think i like her but i also forgot what it feels like" 

"babe listen to lana, when you know you know" alyssa said and i nodded. i got a notification on my phone and it was liv following me on instagram. 

marleyoliver

stalking me are you?

oliviamiller

you into that? 

i dont even know why i was smiling at the message but the girls caught on. 

alyssa pov

as soon as i saw marley smiling at her phone i instantly figured she was texting billie but now i realise its probably actually olivia. such a shame, her and billie would be so cute together. 

billies pov

i woke up barely remembering last night until a body beside me scared me. jesse. everything came back to me. fuck. i just slept with my ex. i laid in shock for a while staring at the ceiling.

 i went to my bathroom to have a shower and once i got out jesse was awake and in my kitchen making breakfast. "hey" he said once he saw me walk back in. 

"hi jess" i said keeping my distance. something felt off. it felt wrong to have him here but it never did before. 

he cooked me breakfast and cleaned up afterwards. "i have to go. ill call you later?" he said getting his things that i now notice were thrown over my room. i nodded following him to my door. 

"see you later eilish" he said and without warning kissing me. i closed the door and turned my back too it. why did it feel like i was betraying something, maybe decent morals to not get back with your ex. 

heading back to my room i stripped the bed to throw all my sheets in the wash. just as i finally got the machine to work there was a knock at my door. 

jesse probably forgot something. but when i opened it there i saw a different guy. "finn what are yo-" "why did i just see jesse's car leaving?" he asked in that dad tone he always had when questioning me.