Chapter 29. Hokage Fangirl

Multiple figures flew over our head out of the village. "Who the fuck do you think you are!" I roared at the thugs. Akane and I jumped from our post and immediately began to follow in pursuit. 

"How did they even get in the village in the first place?" Akane asked me as we continued after them. The best answer I could give was a grunt of rage. We had guards all over the place, but we also had genin all over the place. They did help the village, but they were limited with their skill at the moment. 

"The more you run the more likely I am to not feel guilty when I kill you!" The words came out like a battle cry from my throat. I noticed the style of their clothes. A few of them looked almost identical to the past Hokages. That was when my blood began to boil. "How dare you shits do a piss poor imitation of our Hokages! You don't deserve to look like them!" 

They stop stopped in their tracks, but I continued on in full throttle. The first hokage imitator turned around and tried to speak to me. However, my fist cut him off from speaking since it collided with his skull. I felt a few cracks but I wasn't sure if they were from my hand or his face. Either way, a surge of satisfaction flowed in my veins as the imitator stumbled back a few steps and clutched their face. 

"That's what you-" What the fuck. His face began to regenerate from the damage. I panicked as I realized that  Akane and I can't handle them by ourselves. We can't. There's the genin but we can't let them join the battle- 

My worry was stopped by an old chuckle I remembered. For a second I was frozen in shock, but I was able to turn myself to the source of the chuckle to see the third hokage. Hiruzen Sarutobi. "It's nice to see that you still haven't changed." His eyes were black, but he looked alive. The reanimation jutsu.

It took a few seconds for my mind to process what was happening. Hokages. Dead, yet alive. When I looked around I saw Orochimaru, an orange haired man, Sasuke, a red haired woman, and some kid with white hair. What. Okay, I can make no sense out of this situation. Wait, Orochimaru. Wasn't he killed by Sasuke a long while ago? Wait, what the fuck is Sasuke doing here. 

"Sasuke, you wanna explain all of this." I asked through gritted teeth. "I swear if you have some ploy with the old hokages I'll stop you right here right now even if I die." He had held up a hand for me to stop talking halfway through but there was no way I was going to allow him to cut me off. Not after his betrayal. 

Orochimaru decided to be the courteous one and clued me in on the situation. "We are not planning to harm the Leaf Village. It's quite the opposite, you see." He put his hands on his hips and leaned forward. "I'm surprised to not see you on the battlefield Harmony, you've always had an eagerness for battle. Oh, Akane," he offered Akane a smile after noticing her. "it's lovely to see you again."

"You fucking piece of shit." She spat out. I got the idea what Akane possibly had some bad blood with Orochimaru. Her hand held tightly onto a kunai. "How can we be really sure that you're gonna help? You've already ruined thousands of lives, Kami knows you've ruined mine."

The Third Hokage held up his hands and shook his head from side to side. "You can be sure that he is not deceiving you, I give you my word. I know that Orochimaru has wronged us in more ways than one, with each way hurting more than the next. However, the balance of human life is at stake right now in a battle that must use everything we've got. He is willing to aid us in our time of need, and we cannot turn down any help at a time like this. This battle will determine whether humanity lives or dies."

 Akane was shaking with pure rage. I could barely stand to look at her eyes. Just from looking at her I got goosebumps. Despite her anger, she put the kunai away as she glared at Orochimaru. "You should be thankful that the great Third is giving you a second chance." Orochimaru snorted. 

Orochimaru and Akane began to bicker and Sarutobi tried to moderate them. Despite him being a great Hokage, there was no way he was going to be able to fix Akane's bitter words and foul mouth. No one stood a chance against that. 

 Clap. I jumped as a hand clamped onto my shoulder. Oh fuck. No. No. Fuck no. I did not just sucker punch the First Hokage. Oh fuckeroni. 

"You sure pack a punch." He gave me a smile and laughed. His laugh was the comforting type of laugh that bellowed from the stomach and seemed full of life. That did make me want to shit bricks a bit less. "I'm glad the village has someone like you. But maybe next time you'll hear what I have to say before you punch me?" 

My knees went weak and I felt like fainting. How can he be so easy about this?  Somebody grabbed my right wrist, pulling me away from the First.

Red. That was how I could best describe the girl. Her hair was a beautifully vibrant red. It was always an experience to encounter another with red hair since it was so rare. My hair resembled Gaara's more than anything. Still, her hair was fascinating. "Whoever you are, you need to leave. We have business to get to and Sasuke-kun will be upset if we aren't there to help in time." 

"I'm going with." Those three words dug my grave. I knew Tsunade was going to kill me when she found out that I went against her orders of staying in the village. If there's a battle, there's probably a Naruto at that battle. I can't take the risk of not helping him out. The red headed girl looked ready to argue with me, but Sasuke put up his hand. 

"We don't have time for this. Let's just get going." Everyone else in their squad nodded. I was in awe struck. It was the first time I got a good look at all of the Hokages. Never before had I felt so honored by the people I was around. Oh damn, I had to hand to hand it to the Second Hokage. He was pretty handsome and attractive. Konoha knows how to pick them. 

"Akane?" I looked to her and saw her contemplate for a few moments. She licked her lips and smacked them just as she reached her decision. 

 Her head shook from side to side. "I have my lovely girlfriend waiting at home for me. If this battle gets out of hand, I'm going to need to be able to help out the village. We're already losing you tonight, so Konoha is stuck with the blind chick with one arm." She thuds her chest with her hand. "Remember, I said I'd cover Tsunade for you. Make sure you protect Naruto with all you've got." I nodded my head. We shook hands before she headed back to the village. 

"I will with my life." I whispered as we began to run towards the battlefield. Adrenaline was pumping through my veins. It had been months since I was allowed to properly battle someone. Kicking genin butts got tired after the one hundredth time. 

Everyone was silent for a good extent of the time as we traveled towards the sight. We were all lost in our own individual thoughts, not being bothered by those around them. The only thing that could have been noticed other than our thoughts was the sound of our feet thumping against the ground. My mind had drifted to Naruto and I prayed that he was alright. I began to panic as I imagined what possible trouble Naruto could have gotten into. He could have been stabbed, he could have broken a bone, he could have- 

"Excuse me young lady, but did your friend say to watch over Naruto? Naruto Uzumaki?" A voice broke the silence. I felt like a fangirl with how I reacted around the Hokages. I was ready to squeal when I saw that it was the Fourth Hokage. 

"Y-yeah," I stumbled out the words. "He's, um, he's kind of my-, we're kind of-, I am." I groaned from embarrassment. "He's just some knuckle head I'm in love with." I felt the heat in my face. The embarrassment couldn't stop my smile. 

"Oh, that's my son." 

Fuck. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, I apologize for such a long wait for this chapter. School has been hectic these past few months and I've been trying to get back into the swing of writing. Please tell me what you think and if you liked it or nah. I also apologize if this is unclear or there's anything incorrect. I wrote almost all of this tonight because yolo. 

How are you doing? c: It's been a while, and I wanna hear everything that's been happening in your life. Please have a lovely day and smile! 

Farewell!