Philosophical Usagi

Usagi waited for me to blow. She had trained with me for a few years and had gotten used to the fact that I was the type of person who cursed up a storm when they were frustrated. In fact, I had done that during our training quite a few times when I kept messing up. Usagi had become used to me being angry. "So you are not going to blow this time?" She asked me after a few minutes of running us through the woods. 

"It would do no good in this situation. I have to save my energy for something important. Going on a rant and wasting my energy will do no good." Calmly, I explained to her and twiddled with my fingers. "It's just that it feels like nothing is going the way it should be. We should have defeated that enemy. I should not be as beat up as I am. I shouldn't have lost my headset. This is not going the way it is supposed to be." 

"You defeated that first enemy on your own. At least you did not lose both battles and end up dead. You of all people should know that sometimes things do not go the way they should go or rather, how they go in our heads. However, you are stuck with the situation you have. Blaming yourself will do no good. All you can do is fix yourself up and be ready to help anybody you see." Usagi said to me and I nodded my head. A small grin was on my face. "You sound just like a mom." 

"You and I have already discussed my future of having children. It does not exist." Usagi said in an annoyed tone. I playfully rolled my eyes as I sat up and began to search through my bag for medical supplies. 

"I get it. Kids sound troublesome." I said to her as I pulled out some wrap from my bag. "Just wait until you meet somebody who you want to see how your genes would mix with their's. You will want to know all the possibilities of gene mixtures and even want to create one your own. Of course, you do your strange rabbit mating thing away from me. I feel pity for whoever falls for you." Carefully, I began to warp my wounds in a slow manner. They were delicate and I had a bit of a habit at times to rush my attempts of fixing my wounds. 

I saw a vein stick out on the back of her head when I looked at her. I cringed at the sight of up as old memories flooded my mind of what happened any other time I saw that vein. 

"For your information, I do not want to have to be with somebody careless or some rabbit player. Despite popular belief, rabbits can be very picky on who they want to mate with. We do not just mate in a crazy hurry. We are not sex machines." 

"I know that," I replied to her and attempted to fix what I had done. A mad Usagi was a scary Usagi. "but it is very difficult to control who you fall in love with. Sometimes it just happens." 

Usagi made a loud groan of annoyance. "I get it, you are in love. You feel as though you know everything about love and relationships now. If I know anything about loving somebody romantically from observing, if you want a good relationship with that person make sure you have friendship in there also. Relationships are not black and white." I just about opened my mouth to speak when she spoke again. "Are you two even in a relationship?" 

My face went red when I heard those words. Relationship? I guess that was one of my goals for Naruto and I but he and I have not seen each other for quite a long time. 

"I am taking that silence as a no." Usagi said and shook her head from side to side. "Harmony, sometimes things do not just simply happen. You have to put some effort into things. It is just putting your effort into the right things that really matter." 

The right things? I guess teenage ninja romance will be a bit more difficult than I thought. Oh well, a challenge is something that I always enjoy. I pondered to myself and grinned. "I have to say Usagi, I really like our philosophical talks. You seem to know a lot of things."