16. Test Subject Friends

Kabuto had ruined our plan earlier the day we went to Orochimaru’s hideout. Thanks to him, Orochimaru had appeared then Naruto had his Nine Tails show. It was a disaster. It was worse than I could have ever imagined. I remembered trying to calm down and talking to him. Never before had I seen Naruto like that, and it was terrifying. Thankfully, Yamato had been able to calm him down and turn Naruto back to normal. 

After that terrible disaster, we were able to follow Orochimaru's trail back to his hideout. On our way there, we discussed a few ideas. Some were great and others were not so great. We decided on splitting up once we got there, so that way we could cover more ground much quicker. 

Splitting up was such a shitty idea.

For some reason, we thought it would be a good idea since we would cover ground much quicker. We were ready to bring Sasuke back, so I guess anything seemed like a good idea. After a while of searching, I ran into a room that was filled with test subjects. My curiosity got the better of me and I began to sneak around. 

This is so going to end badly. I thought to myself as I continued to walk around the laboratory. 

There were many people in giant tubes filled with water. It was a horrifying sight to see. I wrinkled my face in disgust as I walked past different bodies. Are all of these people even alive? I wouldn't put it past that bastard to test on dead bodies. Orochimaru was one disgusting human being. That made it much more reassuring when I saw some empty tubes. You can't have them all you creepy man. 

"Hey, hot stuff," a voice said and I looked around. A kunai was quickly pulled out of my tool pouch; I knew I had to be ready to battle. A battle strategy was already forming in my mind as I glanced around. "Hey, there is no need for a kunai. It's not like I could attack you if I wanted to." The voice said to me and I held the kunai close to my chest. None of the bodies appeared to be talking. "Oh that's right; I forgot to form my body. Now turn around for a surprise." 

Swiftly, I turned around and swung my kunai back. When I saw what was in the tube, I stopped, and wrinkled my face. "Ew," 

"What?" The boy asked me with a bit of an annoyed expression. His hair was white and his eyes were purple. I looked at him and clenched my eyes shut for a moment. 

"Sorry, but you are the only person whom I have met that can talk. For a second I forgot that all the test subjects were naked." As I said those words my kunai was still held up in the air. 

"Go ahead, laugh at the naked kid. You know they say that only men are pervy, but women like you prove that wrong." He said to me and I wrinkled my face. 

"It is nice to know that I ran into someone classy. For your information, you can just shut the fuck up." I twirled my kunai around and looked at him skeptically for a few moments. "Do you know Sasuke Uchiha?" 

The boy looked at his nails for a full minute. He then examined at his other set of nails for a full moment. Least to say, he was running my patience. I exhaled loudly enough to get his attention. He glanced at me for a moment before going back to his nails. I repeated what I had done just moments before to have him glance at me again. 

"Oh, I can talk now? I believe you did just tell me to shut the fuck up." He stated in a loathing tone. I wanted to bash my head against a wall. 

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Yes you can talk, now can you please tell me if you know Sasuke Uchiha?" 

He was quiet for a few moments as he examined his nails again. "You do know that even though I have been tested on, you could have just hurt my feelings."

Never in my life had I wanted to bash my head against a wall as much as I did at that moment. He obviously knew how to push somebody’s buttons. "I apologize for hurting your feelings." I hissed in a hostile tone.