Ironic Ninja Situations

"Naruto, you should probably take things a bit less recklessly when we're near the Akatsuki." in a worried tone, I said to Naruto as I followed behind him. Even though I knew Naruto had not told Sakura about the tailed beast, I at least wanted to say the though out loud so it would be in her mind to protect him.

Naruto and I had ended up taking the lead while heading off towards Suna. All of us could sense Naruto's anxiousness to reach Gaara. All of us were very worried for Gaara, but for Naruto also. Naruto had done a lot of training, but we knew his emotions were going to get the best of him. Gaara was the Kazekage of a village and had more strength than we did. Comparing our skills to his did not look that well for us.

"Hopefully our numbers and variety of skills would be more helpful." I thought to myself in my mind.

"I'm not going to be reckless!" Naruto barked back in a reply and I flinched. "We just need to get there as soon as possible to save Gaara."

"If we don't preserve our energy, then it will take longer. Trust me I want to save Gaara also, but it will be a waste if we get reckless with our energy." I explained to Naruto and looked at him. "So don't be a dumb ass and try to rush us."

"The idiot who had won my heart over was somebody who could easily get reckless. That was smart of me." sarcastically, I thought to myself.

"Gah!" frustratedly, Naruto yelled and shook his head. "We could be wasting our time by taking things slower though!"

"All of us can see that you want to save Gaara. We all want to help save him. Sadly, the rest of us don't have the amount of running energy that you say you do have." Kakashi Sensei said to Naruto and assisted me in trying to win Naruto over to calm down.

Things were quiet for a moment until I spoke up. "We understand that you care for Gaara. You have more a drive to save him than the rest of us do. We're going to protect you while saving Gaara."

"I don't need protection. We have to save Ga-" Naruto began to speak, but I cut him off in my infamous frustrated tone.

"Shut up. They took Gaara who is a Kage. Meanwhile, you are stuck being a  fucking Genin.  A fucking Genin. Protecting your teammates, is something comrades do for each other. These guys are very highly skilled. We all need to be on our guard and look out for each other. I swear to Kami Naruto, if needed I will drag your ass away from the battle field because I am not letting you do something reckless. We expect you to protect as well, if needed." frustratedly, I lectured Naruto.

"But-" he began, but I cut him off and went on with my ramble.

"I've put you partly in charge of some of my feelings. Which means if you die, I will get hurt. And I don't to feel pain again for somebody close to me dying. Not while I'm this young. Also, if you're dead then I will fucking rampage like a mad pregnant woman. So hard that you will stir in your grave. I'm sure that others will be sad and mad if you die." I explained and my cheeks were a bit red.

"Tch, than you better not get recklessly angry either. Believe it." in a more playful tone, Naruto said to me. At least I had been able to calm him down a bit. "It's just killing me to be waiting!"

"So my speech really did have no affect on him." wearily, I thought to myself and sweat dropped a bit.

"Calm down Naruto, we have a while ways left until we make it to Suna." Kakashi said and kept a stoic look on his face. "We need to pace ourselves."

"GAH!" Naruto yelled out in an angrily tone. He was definitely riled up just thinking about Gaara being taken by the Akatsuki.

Thankfully, Naruto slowed down a bit. At least we were able to pace ourselves more and not have to worry as much as we did beforehand. The more we ran towards Suna, the less and less trees we saw. It wasn't until rocks and sand were near our vision that Naruto let out an anxious yell. Just before he sped up, Kakashi Sensei spoke up.