13. No Matter What It Takes

Sakura was brutal. There was no doubt about it. I knew that she had gotten much stronger since she was trained under Tsunade, but her fighting skills were amazing. I was in awe at how much she could do. A grin was on my face when I saw her. 

She is so amazing now. She really did work hard to become stronger. It is definitely showing by this battle. I thought in awe. Within a few seconds, I was annoyed at myself. How come I am doing nothing? I should be fighting and working hard for this mission to be a success. 

"Harmony, stop thinking like that," Usagi said in a strict tone of voice. I jumped a bit in surprise that she knew what I was thinking. "Do not be amazed that I knew what you were thinking. You are easy to read." 

"Tch, I wasn't thinking that." I said and clenched my jaw. Dammit. How can I be easy to read? 

"Cursing will not help you." Usagi sang and a vein formed on my forehead. 

"Stop that!" I demanded and crossed my arms over my chest. The pain that I had had early had become dull. I might be able to fight now that I feel better. I need to stop being a little shit with pain. 

Usagi opened her mouth to speak, but stopped when she saw Granny Chiyo. That old woman had lunged into battle with a fierce look on her face. Soon, a thousand puppets appeared. My jaw dropped in shock. I could tell that Usagi was shocked also. 

Within seconds, Usagi stepped back and turned around to run. She put some distance between us and the battle. "We cannot allow them to worry about us in the slightest. If you join the battle, you will only make it more difficult for them. I can tell that they have a tactic that only involves them. You would only complicate things." 

I wrinkled my face as I dryly replied to her, "Thanks for the confidence booster. It is nice to know just how much I am not needed." 

"No problem," I could tell that she had a grin on her face. Suddenly, the grin fell to the ground and Usagi's ears rose in alert. "We have to get out of here. Hold on tight." I nodded my held and held onto her fur as she launched herself to the right. "That enemy from before is back. If we have two Akatsuki members in the same area, we will be what you call, 'fucked.'" 

"How sweet, you have caught onto my language." I remarked to her. Suddenly, the enemy appeared in front of us by rising through the ground. Usagi took a swerved to avoid colliding into him and so she could continue her way. "Shit, that was close." I muttered and began to pull some kunai from my pocket. "I have a feeling he will try that stunt again. If he has different results in his mind, then I will give him different results." 

As soon as I saw his head peak up again, I threw kunai at it. He quickly disappeared back into the ground. I smirked in victory for a few seconds. "Ha, that punk can't handle us." When the last word was said, he rose from the ground. Except this time it was from the back and he grabbed Usagi's feet. 

I was launched into the air. Thankfully, I had managed to land on my feet. When I saw Usagi trying to get free, my instincts kicked in and I immediately ran over to her. 

"Let go of me you behemoth!" Angrily, Usagi roared at him as she kicked his face. Seconds later, she was free and she ran over to me. "That thing touched me. He actually touched me. I feel sick from his presence." 

"Usagi, don't you think that you are being a little over-" 

"No!" She boomed and I winced from her loudness. "That slime ball Akatsuki member touched me. You do not know what his touch feels like. It does not feel natural. His hold does not feel natural. He does not feel human." 

When I heard the last part, my eyes widened. My vision was set on our enemy. Usagi was right, he did not look human. How I missed it before was beyond me. Then again, when fighting an enemy most people had focused on other things. His half black and half white self-had to of given it away. After meeting Orochimaru and his nightmare circus, I had gotten a bit accustomed to having nonhuman enemies to battle against.