14. A Live Kazekage

"Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope," I said as I quickly walked over to Gaara. "I refuse to believe that this punk is dead. There is a village that needs him. The Akatsuki could not have won this battle." 

It was when I was a few feet away from him, I stopped. My mind could barely comprehend that Gaara was dead. Flashbacks of when the Third Hokage died flooded my mind in a river of thoughts. It was then that I realized just why I had wanted to help Gaara so much; it was because I wanted to do for Suna what I could not do for my own village those few years ago. 

That realization punched my heart in pain. My heart felt as though it was being sped up yet slowed down at the same time. Everything felt as though it was going faster and slower. 

This is a disaster. 

"Sakura, can't you do something?" I asked her in a needy voice. My lungs felt as though they were being drowned in water and I was forced to breathe through a straw. 

When she had reached me and saw the look in my eyes, she nodded her head. Slowly, she walked towards the dead Kazekage. Her hands glowed green as she held them above him. Within seconds, her hands stopped their lively glow and she shook her head from side to side. 

Another Kage protection failure, I thought as I looked at the ground. Maybe I do not care as much as for Gaara as I think I do, but it is what he does for his people that I care about. Losing a Kage is a big blow to a village and its people. Here I thought that I could stop some people feeling the way that I did, to possibly protect some people from some sort of pain. 

Everybody was quiet as we all accepted the fact that Suna would have to go through the process of getting a new Kage while trying to keep quiet about how their recent one just died. It would be fearful because of the uncertainty that came with having a new Kage. We knew the uncertainty that came to a village in fear of being attacked due to other nations realizing that they have no leader at the moment. 

"My generation has done many wrong things," Chiyo said as she walked up to Gaara's body, "We can be to blame for the position and mess that we have left to the generation that is now. Our loose ends have had to been resolved by this generation because mine was too stubborn to fix them. I have lived a long and stubborn life. I have realized that I want to help this generation fix the mess that it has been given." 

She began to perform hand signs and put them on Gaara's chest. "I have lived a long while, this young Kazekage has much more life ahead of him. This place makes me think about all the mistakes I have made in the past, and I have made many of them. The least I can do to fix my wrongs is to help give back what has been lost." 

"No fucking way," in amazement, I muttered under my breath as my eyes widened at the sight in front of me. 

"You are going to bring Gaara back?" A new voice asked. However, that voice was not new to me. When I saw that it was Naruto, the edges of my lips pulled back to smile. 

"An old bat like me has experimented and learned many things through her long life. This is a Forbidden Jutsu that I have come up with along the way." Chiyo explained as her hands began to glow the shade of green that Sakura's hands were not so long ago. 

Naruto's eyes widened and I felt my heart rate speed up a bit. "I want to help, I have plenty of chakra." He explained and looked Chiyo right in the eyes. 

"Be my guest," she said and looked at her hands. "Just put your hands on top of mine and flow chakra through them." 

Naruto sat down beside her and put his hands on top of hers. Soon, greener chakra flared from her hands. Everybody was quiet as we watched in anticipation. After a minute, Gaara's eyes began to flutter open. Sakura had walked forward and taken ahold of Chiyo's body.