Chapter 25. A Reunion of Idiots

Most of my time during the destruction of the village was spent with the Academy kids. Many children were scared and worried. They were not completely aware of what was going on, but they knew it was something bad. Of course, there were the older kids who attempted to scare the littleuns. I did not take any of their shit. Within a heartbeat, they received a hard smack on the head and a glare to make them shudder. 

"I have an idea, how about instead of being a little shit; you tried to help take care of your fellow ninjas. Someday these kids are going to be working beside you and it’s best not to make unnecessary enemies." Despite the fact that I had a shattered foot, it was never too hard to resist smacking sense into young idiots. 

"Sorry," they would mutter under their breaths and attempt to scamper away. My hands went to their shoulders and I put on a forced smile. 

"Oh no, you don't get to leave right away. You get to try to help anybody you see that needs some comforting." They looked at one another then back at me with confusion. One of their mouths opened to speak, but I cut them off before they could even begin. "Nu uh, no getting out of it. Practice makes you better. Besides, remember what I said about future teammates. You're going to want to be on best terms with as many people as possible. Trust me, that makes many things a shit ton easier." 

One of the girls huffed and put her hands on her hips. "But it's not our fault they're scaredy cats!" 

I began to breathe heavily and my eyes widened. A snicker fled from my mouth. It could sense the fury of hell that had begun to burn inside of me. "I have an idea; it's called not being a total asshole." They appeared surprised by my choice of words. "I have no remorse for calling you those words. If you enjoy messing with your teammates just to mess with their minds and make them scared and sad while hell is happening outside, then you should never become a ninja. Teams are one of the most important things in the ninja world and you need great teamwork to have a great team. You want to know how to make your team really great? Don't mess with your teammates. Treat them nicely. You can joke with them, but don't even try to put them down. Don't you dare do that or else I will find where you are and kick your ass." 

All of them were quiet for a few moments. I was a bit in shock from what I had just said. Where the hell did that come from? That sounded a lot like a lectur-shit, I'm becoming more like Iruka Sensei now. I glanced around to notice Iruka Sensei grinning at me. At least one of us is proud of my transition into a sensei. He continued to grin at me for the rest of the lockdown. 

As soon as I was allowed to, I looked for Naruto. It took a few hours for us to be able to leave the hide out, but we were just glad all the students were safe. Once he came into my vision, I ran towards him as fast as I could. I forgot about my shattered foot until I lost my balance right away and fell on the ground. 

"Ooof!" My body collided with the ground and made a loud plopping noise. 

"Harmony?" It had been a while since I had heard that voice. It was almost as if I was a dog because my ears perked up along with my head. A smile and wide eyes appeared as I saw Naruto run towards me. In a wobbly manner, I sat up. 

His arms wrapped around me and lifted me up. We did nothing except hold onto each other tightly. It lasted a few moments as we breathed in each other's smell of being alive. "I'm so glad you're okay." The worlds leave my mouth as a gentle whisper that is close to being barely audible. He gave me a long squeeze and exhaled heavily. It took me till then to realize that both of us were shaking. Once both of us pulled away, we shared a long look of pure care that we had for each other. 

He wiped away a tear that I didn't know that existed on my face. "You don't have to cry just because you got to see this handsome face again." He grins at me and I couldn't even dare to resist grinning back. 

Without thinking, I pull his head down towards mine. I straighten myself up and lean in to press my lips onto his forehead. My lips feel the warmth of his forehead and it's another reminder that he's alive. Once we began to hear people clap, I quickly pulled away with a blush on my face. The great part was that I wasn't alone; Naruto and I had matching flushed faces.

"You fucking dumbass." Such touching words had never left my mouth. Naruto's reaction was a wonderful sweat drop and a look of confusion. My eye brows furrowed closely together and I look Naruto up and down. "You were in a battle and reckless. I can tell because of how awful you look." My eyes began to tear up as my voice cracked. "You fucking idiot." 

Naruto laughed at me and wrapped his arms around me. A second later, I was lifted off of the ground and into the air. He and I both grinned as he sat me down for him to stand up. My weight was shifted all the way onto my foot that wasn't shattered into a million fucking pieces. 

"So do you want to tell me what happened to you?" The end of my lips pulled upwards and formed a small smile. I was a bit eager to hear what Naruto had done. Of course, I was nervous too. Naruto was an idiot at times and would do reckless things. 

He scratched his head and chuckled sheepishly. "How about over lunch sometime? I think right now I have a few people I need to talk to." I nod my head and he leans down to kiss my forehead quickly. Another blush appeared on my face as he stood up and began to walk away. My eyes stayed focused on his body until he was out of my sight. It was when I touched my face that I realized how much of a stupid and large grin I had on it. 

****

The next day I spent with Iruka and a few others trying to decide what we could do for the students in the Academy for their education at the current moment. Almost the entire village was destroyed except the Hokage Mountain and a dirt floor wasn't exactly the ideal school area. 

"We are almost ruined, but there's no way we can allow the other large villages be aware of this. So that crosses out asking for any supplies for a while. That is up to Tsunade and she will be bombarded with questions as soon as she is awakened." He said and the others around us nodded. 

"But what could we possibly do for their education?" A fellow that was down the hallway from Iruka and I's classroom, "We have just established that currently asking Tsunade is out of the question and attempting to ask her when-and if- she wakes up, is out of the question."

Everyone falls silent for a few moments before my voice acts like a hammer and shatters the silence. "The village needs as much help as it get can, right now I think it would be best to show the children the true meaning of being a member of the Hidden Leaf Village." The others seemed to be contemplating it for a few moments and I continued to speak. "Think about it, what better way to show that you have to help the village? They're going to be doing missions almost exactly like these when they become Genin, so this is a sneak peek into the future. Besides, helping your village is an important thing that we should all be willing to do at a moment’s notice. Who knows, maybe this will be much more helpful than all of us think." 

Iruka's eyes widened and he clapped his hands together. "That sounds like a wonderful idea!" It didn't take long at all for the others to begin to mutter in agreement. Soon, we began to discuss plans of how to sort the students and how it would be most effective to help the village. Of course, we did have to take supervision of the students into account. No way could we let those little brats be free roam. They had to have somebody to help keep them on track. 

As we continued to discuss the matters, Naruto continued to creep back into my mind. A small grin would form on my face and sometimes I would feel butterflies in my stomach. Those forehead kisses were almost worth all of the worry.

I'm in love with a reckless idiot and wouldn't have it any other way. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am so sorry I am such a piece of shit and haven't posted this in a few months. Ungh. My self-control got pretty bad and school and other things kept side tracking me. I am so sorry guys. How are all of you? How was your Christmas if you celebrate it? How is your winter break so far? Anything new with you guys? Again, I am so sorry with the random hiatus and lack of updating stories. I hope you guys have a wonderful break and day and smile. 

Farewell lovelies!