Chapter 23. More People to Guide

Most times when I body slammed into somebody, it was because I was helping someone else and I was going to be some type of hero. When I body slammed into the orange haired figure, it seemed to prove the opposite for me. Unfortunately, I had not helped either party. Etsuko screamed in horror at my actions with her jaw almost touching the ground from shock and her eyes widened enough that I was worried they were going to fall out. Meanwhile, the person I had body slammed was flung at the wall closest to us. There was a pop and a loud screech from the person after they had fallen onto their butt. Their hands went to the nose that had begun to bleed mercilessly. 

"Why did you do that to my father?" Etsuko had a mixture of scared and pissed off in her stance. It was a bit impressive that she had been able to master such a pose at her age, but there was no time for me to be impressed at that moment. "You are so stupid." She then took up the oh-so wonderful pass time of punching me as hard as she possibly could. Despite the fact that she was a kid, her punches did hurt a small bit. 

"He is your dad?" I winced at her punches. They were becoming fiercer with each second. To save myself from further damage, I grabbed her wrists and eyed her. My eyes went to the man who was walking towards up while groaning then went back to Etsuko. 

"That was the first thing I said!" Her voice thundered and I was a bit surprised to hear that she could become even louder than how she was in the classroom. "Can't you see?" Her arms flailed around and I looked at her father again. 

They looked nothing alike. His hair was ginger while hers was brown. Their differences went down to even size and shape of nose. The only thing that they shared for their resemblances, with their appearance, was their freckles on their face that flooded their cheeks. The man looked up at me with questioning eyes. 

"Why would you do such a thing? Can't you see my genes in her?" He questioned me and pointed at his daughter. Etsuko looked to be furious while her father appeared to be more on the worn out side of the emotion wheel. 

"Uh," It was the brilliant word choice that I had decided to come out of my mouth. Thinking quick on my feet, I was able to regain the ability to speak again. "Yeah, I can see it now. You two are almost twins, it is kind of freaky." 

I will not tell her the truth, at least right now. There is no need for drama at the moment. Well, there is no need for more drama than what is present. I will have to internal monologue a different time though, because right now is not a good time to do so.

"Have you two not evacuated?" My hands went to my hips and Etsuko obnoxiously coughed at me. It took a second to realize what she wanted. "Oh, I am sorry for hitting you. Your hair just appeared to be just as bright as the enemy's." Etsuko let out a smug smirk. 

"You are the stupidest sensei I know, so it does-" My fist connected with her face and she fell to the ground. Her father looked at me with horror on her face. "What did you do that for?" 

My tone had gone from wishy-washy to one with authority and fierceness. "Right now there is no time for small talk, I have to get your asses to safety because the whole village is under attack. That means your lives are in danger and it is my responsibility to protect you Etsuko. I have no idea why your dad is here and I do not give a single damn at the moment about why he is. Both of you are following me to safety right now." 

"Why should we do that? You are the one who kicked me out of the Academy earlier." I could sense the challenge in her tone again. There was no way I was going to back down. 

"If I do recall, earlier you had a choice to pay attention to class or to leave. You had a choice, so don't you dare call me the bad guy in all of this when it was you who constantly made class difficult. You are going to follow me because you no longer have a choice. I gave you a choice earlier and that almost left you killed, I am not making that mistake." My hands went for Etsuko's sides and in a swift movement I was carrying her on my left shoulder. "You are following me." I stated to her father. He blinked a few times before nodding his head. 

 "Hey! I can carry myself." Etsuko wined and pounded my back with her fists. I winced and sighed from her reaction. 

"At this current moment, you are not allowed to do that because you suck at taking care of yourself, even if you are in a safe environment like a classroom." I rolled my eyes at her and sighed again as she continued onward. Her father was following behind us and I knew I could not jump onto a roof top then. 

After a while of running, I had ran into a family that needed protection. There was a father, mother, and a baby. The father protectively held onto his child as the mother glared around the world with a hate filled look. 

"They dared to attack our village." She muttered with annoyance. The look she gave me was filled with less hatred and annoyance. "May you please take us to safety?"  She pointed at her lover with her thumb. "This dork wanted to make sure that we had all of our kid's stuff, so that kept us behind a bit. We have been moving around quite a bit to find safety since the attack and have managed to have such shitty luck with finding a real ninja."

 "It is all aboard the safety train then." I pointed to Etsuko's father that was behind me. "I will do my best to keep you guys safe." 

"Thank you." The father said in a grateful tone while the mother exhaled in relief. 

"Finally, at least one ninja knows how to protect their people." 

How I had managed to gain such a party was beyond me. Life had seemed to work in odd ways at times and I seemed to have a lot of those times. Thankfully, it did not take too long to reach the Academy and to be able to head for safety. Unthankfully though, there was a lot of complaining. 

"This is really dark." 

"That's because it is a tunnel, sweetie." 

"Harmony, you should have brought some type of lamp." Etsuko spoke up. 

"Excuse me Etsuko, allow me to pull out my backpack that has everything needed in case the village is under attack and I have to guide people under a cave. Oh wait, I forgot mine at home. Do you have yours on you? No, you don't because nobody fucking plans for their own village to be attacked." 

There may have been a high chance that some of the complaining came from me. 

"But you are a Shinobi of the village and should be ready at all times." I could sense the smug look on her face. 

"You're right; maybe we should use your hair to burn for light." In an agitated, I snarled at her. 

"Uh, are you sure you should talk to your students that way?" Her father questioned me. 

Nonchalantly, I shrugged my shoulders and rolled my eyes. "Your daughter and I just so happen to have that close of a relationship," 

"Harmony?" A new voice spoke up. A light was in the distance and came closer to us. "I knew you would get her back." Iruka said to me with a grin on his face. His balanced move to his right foot as he shifted his weight to that side to view that was behind me. "It seems like you found some others." 

"Others that your sorry asses left behind," the woman retorted. The father sheepishly scratched the back of his neck with his free hand. "Thanks kid, it is nice to know the village has some type of safety." A vein formed on my head when I heard those words. 

I am no kid. Does it look like a kid could have guided your grumpy ass to safety? I bit my tongue to keep myself from saying any words of regret as the others walk towards Iruka and the man beside him. I allowed Etsuko fall from my arms and onto the ground. She sent a glare towards me then walked towards the others. 

It was then that there was a large shake that caused small pebbles to fall to the ground. Iruka and I exchanged a look and it was obvious what we needed to do. 

We needed to get everybody's ass to safety, and quick

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I apologize so much for such a late update. Roleplaying, school, and just making sure I was happy kept me side tracked. I am going to try to get back into the swing of things though with writing. How is everybody? Do any of you have Homecoming coming up? Any new shows you are watching? What did you think of the chapter? P.S. Not too swell of editing since I wanted to get the chapter out as soon as possible.

I hope you have a wonderful day and smile. Farewell lovelies.