18. To be stupid with Pride or stupid with Anger?

"What are you in here for?" A woman asked me with skeptical eyes. 

"I, uh, lit a bunch of kids on fire." I replied and crossed my arms over my chest as I pretended to be tough. "Do not fuck with me because I will light your children on fire." 

A small grin formed on the woman's face. "Then it is a good thing I don't have any." 

That was how I made my first prison friend. 

As much as I did not want to say it, prison was not as bad as I had expected it would have been. Most people there did not want anything to do with anyone else. If anything, it was just like school because of the groups that people had formed into. Then again, a school was filled with innocent children and not criminals so there were some differences. 

It was only for a week and I was praying to Kami that it would prove my innocence. 

****

I had received a message from an ANBU to go to the Hokage office right away. I quickly left where I was and jumped from roof top to roof top. Once I was there, I knocked on her door and was told to come in. "You called me for Lady Hokage?" I inquired as I walked into her office.

"I have received some odd news lately about you in other villages, stealing food, stealing antiques, and attacking their people." She said to me with her head resting on her hands. "Do you have anything you want to say about that?" 

I put my hands up and waved them around sarcastically, "You have found out my secret Lady Tsunade, I like to fuck shit up for innocent people who are trying to make a living. You now know how I work." I clenched my fist in anger. "So some fuck face has been impersonating me?" 

"It would appear so," She shuffled some papers around and held up one with twelve faces on it. "Do you recognize any of these people?" I shook my head from side to side. She then held up another piece of paper with a different set of faces. "What about-" 

"I am sorry for interrupting you, but I have not run into any criminals besides Orochimaru and the Akatsuki lately." A grin formed on my face after I said that sentence. "That makes it sound like I am an ANBU."  My jaw dropped as a thought crossed my mind. "Do you think it could have been the water boy?" 

Tsunade rubbed her forehead as she thought, "There is a possibility, but however there have been multiple sightings and all of them are in areas that are each so far away from each other with such little time between each sighting. You met only one person and you said he could only turn into water then back into a human. For some reason it just seems unlikely that he would be capable of this. Even more, it would be especially strange for Orochimaru to target you after he said that he could not kill any of you due to you sharing the same enemy." 

I put my pointer finer on my chin in thought. "Do you think it could be the Akatsuki?" Curiously, I questioned her. 

Tsunade sighed as she shook her head from side to side. "I have no idea but they might be our best bet. However, this does not automatically stop other villages from making you a target. Many villages are questioning you and your innocence in all of this. There is only one thing that we can do to prove your innocence." 

"What is that?" I asked curiously with a raised eye brow. 

"Prison," 

I laughed for a few moments until I saw that she was serious. "You really do think that this is the only way that the others will believe I am not a threat?"