19. A week in Prison

Day Two. 

I walked through the prison with confidence in each step. There was a possibility that the confidence was not genuine, but it was good enough and it was what I needed at the time. Fake confidence was good enough and I was not about to gamble in prison. 

As I walked passed each inmate, I questioned each of their stories. No matter how curious I had become, I asked no one for their stories, except for Takaru. She stuck to me like glue and followed me around quite often. 

"I am going to protect you; these inmates can be so awful at times." Those were the very words she said to explain her habit of following me. There was something in her eyes that made me question her intentions. Nevertheless, I wearily allowed it to continue. 

Day Three. 

That day Takura was very angry with me. Any time she saw me, a mean and hateful comment left her mouth. I simply rolled my eyes and continued onwards with my prison business. It was two meals a day and limited time outside. Prison sucked horse shit. I had no idea just how boring prison could be. However, Takaru made things quite interesting with her comments towards me. 

"Monster."

"You should not be here." 

"Did you make a deal with a demon?" 

I had no idea what she was talking about for any of those insults, but they did spice my day up. The thought of the village and my proven innocence was what continued to make me go through my days. A small grin would always appear on my face when I thought of the stupid look that would be on Naruto's face when I came back. 

I had to admire Takaru's dedication. During our two meals she sat next to me and insulted me the whole time. My younger self would have blown up on her and caused a scene, but at that point in time I could not help but grin at her insults and roll my eyes in amusement. It may not have been the best company, but it was still company and I did my best to be thankful for it, even if they said things that confused me to no end. 

Day Four. 

That day Takaru completely ignored me. Not only did I not have any insults to keep my day spicy, but her company was completely gone. I thought that the whole day would be boring for me, I was so wrong. It started off around noon when we were being given our first meal. Takaru had shown that she was officially ignoring me and I was left to eat my first meal alone, at first. 

Thanks to the asshole from the first day, I had lost my meal. How could such a thing be done? Simple, you pour a person's meal all over the disgusting prison floor. 

"You won't need this." He said to me as he quickly picked up my trey then poured all of the contents on the floor. "There we go, now the food will be going somewhere better than to a pile of trash." 

People looked in our direction and I saw the excitement in their eyes. Part of me told myself to stand up to him, another part said to walk away from the scene, and the third part of me wanted to tell him off. Sadly, part three proved to be my dominate side in that situation. 

"So tell me, was it your asshole manners and way of life that made you so illegal that they had to throw you in here? Could it be that the world knew an ass hole like you was not needed?" Angrily, I asked him with my arms crossed over my chest. 

He then slammed his hands down on the table in front of me. Right away, I stood up and mimicked him. "At first I was thinking about letting it slide that you did not know about my territory, but then you had to mouth off to me like some kind of smart ass. Now you strut around this place like you are better than the rest of us, keep your mind in check because you are in prison just like the rest of us."