𝙫𝙞𝙞𝙞. 𝙨𝙪𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙧 𝙗𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙠

𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜... 𝙞𝙣𝙛𝙧𝙪𝙣𝙖𝙢𝙞 - 𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙫𝙚 𝙡𝙖𝙘𝙮

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈• 。゚

it was four months after filming finished, and everyone still felt bittersweet. yes it was stressful to be filming five days a week, but it paid off. the entire cast had worked so hard for it, but it also meant that everyone would be going their separate ways until the premiere.

but luckily for melanie and walker, they only lived a few hours away from each other. and since they're families were very close they spent almost every holiday together.

melanie sat in the back seat of the car, her mom and cousin in the front. she stared out the window, not caring to listen into their conversation. all she could think about was seeing walker at the beach house his family owned.

they spent every spring and summer break there. it was a tradition that they followed ever since their families knew each other. but it was the first time since walker and melanie first broke up.

she took her headphones off as her mom turned down the road that led to the house. growing more nervous by the second. she knew that her and walker were on good terms, but she was still scared. at least while they were filming, they had other people with them. but now, they would be with each other and only each other.

leena always hung out with melanie's cousin, bella. and tanner stayed with melanie's younger brother, anthony. which left melanie and walker. it wasn't like it didn't make sense, since they were close in age. but it was still weird due to their past.

the car came to a rolling stop. one of the doors opening then slamming shut, waking melanie from her daydreams. she unbuckled her seatbelt, shoving her book, phone, and headphones into her bag. her mom came around the side and opened the door for her, melanie quietly thanking her.

the four walked up to the door, as her mom knocked. after what felt like an eternity, the door opened. walker's mom stood there, giving them a smile. everyone walked in, giving their hugs and "welcomes." melanie was the last to walk in, and the last person to hug her was walker.

he gave her smile, then leaned into hug her. she awkwardly returned it, staying there for just a little bit, before finally letting go. the silence as they stared at each other was broken once melanie's mom told the kids to go upstairs and choose their rooms.

somehow the house was big enough for everyone to have their own room, but bella and leena always shared a room.  walker and melanie's rooms were connected through the bathroom. they didn't mind it though. whenever melanie had nightmares she could just sneak into walkers room and they would talk for hours until they both fell asleep.

the two walked up the stairs, talking about whatever came to mind. eventually parting ways as they made it to their rooms. melanie opened the door, walking into the familiar space. it was the first time she had been here in almost two years.

she set her suitcase down and flopped onto the bed. she always thought it was more comfy than her actual bed. melanie reluctantly got up and began to unpack.

she walked into the bathroom, setting down her hairbrush, toothbrush, skincare bag, and finally her makeup bag. she noticed a picture sitting in between the two sinks. it was of her a walker when they were kids. melanie smiled to herself, thinking of all the memories they had made together.

after melanie finished packing, her mom came up to her room to talk to her. "hey sweetie, just wanted to let you know that we're all going out for dinner in about an hour."

"oh okay, is it like fancy dinner? or just dinner?" she questioned, wanting to know how she should dress.

"it's just dinner, at the italian restaurant we always go to. what we always do on the first night." her mom chuckled and smiled, patting her on the head and walking out.

melanie nodded, and ran to her suitcase to choose an outfit the moment her mom shut the door. throwing all of her clothes around her room, almost knocking down a lamp.

walker knocks on her door, only entering once melanies yells out a "come in." he walks in to find clothes everywhere, and melanie with her hair ruffled, sitting on the floor in front of her suitcase.

"uhm mel.. do you want help?" he asked her, quietly laughing to himself.

"..yeah... i have no idea what to wearrr." she complained, dramatically falling onto the floor in defeat.

he chuckled and randomly chose a pair of overalls, a white tube top, and her air forces.

"tada!" he exclaimed, showing her what he picked out.

melanie's mouth gaped open as she scoffed, surprised on how easy he made it look. grabbing the outfit out of his hands, she walked into the bathroom to try it on.

"not bad, scobell." she chuckled, giving a twirl so he could see the full outfit.

"well i mean i am a pretty good fashion.. person.. or whatever they're called." he bragged, giving a sassy "hair flip."

melanie laughed and ruffled his hair, "yeah don't let it get to your ego."

he crossed his arms and rolled his eyes, "whatever, you're welcome mel." he commented before walking out of the room to get ready himself.

melanie sat down on the bathroom counter, putting on her makeup and doing her hair. focusing on her mascara, not even noticing walker coming in to brush his teeth. melanie reached for her straightener, just for walker to hand it to her. she smiled at him, not saying anything.

she hopped off the counter and walked back into her room, walker's eyes following her the whole time. going up to her desk, she grabbed a pair of sunglasses and her bag. melanie made her way downstairs, giving her mom, bella, and leena a spin.

once walker finally made it downstairs, they all walked out the door. melanie, her mom, bella, and anthony in one car, walker, leena, tanner, and their parents in theirs. the drive to the restaurant was only about ten minutes, so everyone just sat in silence.

they met up with the scobells' and waited for them to call their reservation. luckily they didn't wait long and were seated at a table overlooking the water.

everyone was enjoying themselves, talking, catching up. and as usual, melanie and walker were in their own world. well until a girl walked up to the table to ask walker a question.

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈• 。゚

𝙖𝙪𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙧'𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙚: this is literally the longest chapter yet. also pls vote to give me motivation 🙏🏽

𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙙 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙩: 1131