𝙭𝙭𝙫. 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙛𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨

𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜... 20191009 𝙞 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙝𝙚𝙧 - 𝙢𝙖𝙘 𝙙𝙚𝙢𝙖𝙧𝙘𝙤

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈• 。゚

"what..?" he asked, finally looking up from his phone.

"can you get off your phone and actually pay attention to me and the movie?" she repeated herself, slightly rewording it.

"i haven't even been on it that much.." he mumbled, looking back down at it.

melanie rolled her eyes, annoyed. she paused the movie. "you literally have. ever since you stepped foot in my room you've been checking it every five minutes!"

"i had too.. my uh.. my sister kept texting me, asking where i was." he lied.

"no she hasn't! she was literally the one who drove you here. i saw her car drive off." she corrected him.

walker sighed, knowing he had been caught. he sat up straight, clearly about to say something. that was before he stopped himself.

melanie sat up too, "listen, just be honest with me. you're never like this. i mean what's so important that you've been on your phone almost this whole time. unless it's about your family. then that's a different story."

walker's face looked.. flushed? melanie wasn't exactly sure, but he looked embarrassed. she thought it was just because of her calling him out, but it was more because of what he was doing on his phone.

"i was texting charlie and aryan."

melanie stared at him blankly. 'them? seriously?' is what she wanted to say, but she didn't. she just continued to stare at him, waiting for him to further explain himself.

he looked down his hands, fiddling with them. "i was texting them because.."

"because...?" melanie dragged out.

"because they were giving me advice." he said, still not bothering to look up at her.

melanie tilted her head to the side and furrowed her brows, confused.

he sighed, "advice on how to.." he paused for a good minute.

"to confess to you."

he was still playing with his hands, and the bracelet that melanie made him all those years ago. she couldn't believe that he still wore it.

all melanie could say was a simple 'oh.' and all she could do was stare at him. she noticed how he didn't look up from his hands once, too nervous to make eye contact with her.

"walker.." she muttered, finally looking at him.

"no it was a stupid idea in the first place. i.. i should go." he said, getting off the bed.

before he could fully stand up, melanie grabbed his wrist. "walker, wait."

he turned around, looking at her, but not directly at her eyes.