TWENTY TWO: Meant to be.

"the world's on fire. No one can save me But you."
(Wicked Game by Chris Isaak)

_-_-_-_-_--_-_-_-_-_-_--_-_-_-_-_-_-_--_-_-_-_-_-

The door to the Jeon household opened, as Jungkook stepped in, dragging water from the rain pouring outside. He was faced by his mother and father who looked worried about why he hadn't returned, for it was late at night.

Jungkook's mother rushed to him. "My gosh jungkook! You had us worried, where have you been?" She asked, looking at his drenched state. As Jungkook met his father's gaze.

"I went to ask for y/ns hand in marriage." He said, making his father furious, anger flowing through his veins he rushed to him glaring and standing in front of Jungkook.

"HOW DARE YOU? I THOUGHT YOU CHANGED IN THE PAST FIVE MO-"

"Yes father, you are right. I did change.
I stopped eating. I stopped talking, yelled at everyone who made a slight mistake. All because I craved for one thing. Love. Her love." He said, interrupting his dad.

"Ever since I was born. I put myself so much into this business, because I wanted to be like you. I left my childhood. My youth just so I could be like you. But no father..when I saw her.." he trailed off.

"I wanted to be hers. I wanted to protect her. I wanted to keep her for myself. And  then there's you. You really think by separating me from y/n I'll become the old cold Jungkook again?" He asked.

"Jungkook! Stop this nonsense-" he interrupted his mother. "Why should I? Didn't you see y/n as my wife. So why can't you ACCEPT HER NOW???" he yelled catching them off-guard.

"SIMPLY BECAUSE SHES AN ORPHAN?! BECAUSE SHES NOT LIKE THOSE HIGH CLASS BRATS?!" he yelled. Silencing both his parents.

"That day she left father. You said if I ever stepped out of the house that day. You wouldn't have called me your son. Today i realise I should've gone against y/n and stepped out!" He yelled.

Making his father burn in rage. "FINE THEN! STEP OUT! LEAVE!" he said. Making Jungkook smile. "I will." He said. He turned around to see y/n at his doorstep. Tears out of her eyes. As she shook her head telling him no.

Her eyes met with Jungkook's mother's eyes, she went to her, but was stopped by Jungkook.
He held his mother's hands, who cried looking at the family separating.

"I've always loved you and appa Eomma. I've never asked for anything. This is one thing I want to live for." He said. Turning around and holding y/ns hand.

"I'm sorry appa." He said, and stepped out.
Making y/n panic in his hold, trying to persuade him to go back inside. But Jungkook was adamant. He wouldn't stay.

He just wouldn't.

He was happy with y/n. And he would stay happy with her.

-4 months Later-
(The Jeon Wedding)

Y/n smiled, wearing the same dress Jungkooks mother had bought for her. She put her earrings on. Her heart was filled with worry and nervousness. But what she felt the most was guilt.

Ever since that day. She has blamed herself for separating Jungkook from his family, but Jungkook always told her. That it was his decision.

Jungkook had left the company, his family and everything he ever called his own. Just so he called her his. he started a small company and they decided to have a small wedding.

In these 4 months, he kept in touch with his mother. Asking about his father's health, even if he hated him for disrespecting his love, he was still his father.

Y/n also kept in touch with Yunjin and Jiwon, but it was eating her up that they all weren't together not even for their wedding.

She sighed, as Minnie patted her back. "Never thought id see you in a wedding dress" she said choking on her tears, as Ryunjin hugged her sobbing, y/n laughed at both of them.

They heard a knock on the door which was then opened by Ryunjin revealing Jimin. He smiled at y/n "you look beautiful " he said, as she smiled at him.

"It's time." Taehyung said, a smile on his face. As y/n took a deep breath. And stop at the start of the aisle. The doors opened revealing Jungkook standing at the altar in his black tuxedo.

He looked towards her as tears gathered in his eyes but he stopped it. And took a deep breath.

Y/n walked up and stood in front of him as everyone looked at them in aww and love. Y/n smiled at Jungkook through the veil. As he smiled at her.

"Do you jeon-"

"THIS WEDDING CANT HAPPEN!" a voice was heard.

The couple looked at the gates, to see..

Jungkooks father????!?!
_-_-_-_-_--_-_--_--_-_-_-__--_--_-_-_--_-_-_-_-__-
🍓: I keep playing with emotions I'm sorry 😭😭😭😭

Until next time~
-Ava <3