Bestfriends (Part 5)

H/GF/N = he's girlfriend name

YOUR POV
I speed down the road, wanting to get to Niall before (H/GF/N) comes back. I see his car in the driveway and sigh in relief. Getting out of the car, i run up to the door. Not even bothering to knock, i turn the knob and am suprised that it's unlocked.

"Niall!" I breathe out, clutching my phone tightly in my hand. He emerges from the kitchen his eyes holding a sparkle i haven't seen in such a long time. He begins to smile but bites the inside of his cheeks, his eyes immediately darting to the ground.

"What are you doing here? I thought i told you to leave me the f*ck alone?" He growls, making me shrink back.

No... He has to know the truth. I can't let him go through with this, no matter how terrible he's been to me.

"Niall, please listen to me." I try to reason. He looks extremely conflicted and i know i've almost convinced him.

"Ni,if all those years of friendship meant anything to you, you'll hear me out." His eyes widen ans he shrinks back somewhat, finally nodding his head.

"(H/GF/N) is using you." The words just burst out.
"She doesn't really love you. She just wants your money." Niall runs a hand through his hair, the same conflicted expression plastered to his features.

"You know, i wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt. I didn't want to believe what (H/GF/N) told me. But seeing you bash her and accuse her of using me just proves she's the one tellin the truth. You're the liar. It's pathetic!" He yells.

My grip on my phone tightens. "You're kidding me right? Is your head really that far up her ass that you can't see she is nothing but a gold digger? You know someone you hardly know over someone who's known you since they were little. Somone who has been your best friend and supported you through everything. Betraying that someone is pathetic Niall. If you don't believe me, listen to yourself." I say, holding back my tears.

He looks like he wants to say something but i'm walking out before he can even mutter a word.

~

NIALL'S POV
I can't believe her, she's been lying to me this whole time. I'm not the one who betrayed her, she betrayed me! She said she loves me but she has an odd way of showing it. I'm just so frustated and I have no idea why. My hand tightens around something and i look down to see Y/N's phone.

What was she going on about? Something about listening for myself?

I unlock her phone and see her background photo. I can't help but frown when i see a picture of both of us. Trying to shake the conflicting thoughts away. I open her recent apps and see the voice recorder.

There is a single saved file. Curiosity gets the better of me and i play the recording, tears begin to fill my eyes as I listen to (H/GF/N) laugh at me and confess that she only wants me for my money.

Is that really I am to her? Some piggy bank she can use at her own disposal.

I thought what we had was real but i guess i mean nothing to her. And the fact that i let her drive a wedge between Y/N and I sickens me. I'm such a f*cking idiot. She tried to warn me all this time but I just accused her of betraying me.

She loves me and i practically spit in her face.

The door opens, revealing (H/GF/N) with four giant bags on either arm.
"Hey baby, i hope you don't mind but i burrowed your credit card." She smiles walking over to me. Before she can kiss me, I back away.

"Care to explain?" I growl, pressing the play button on the recording. Her entire face falls and she mutters a "Shit."

I hope you're doing alright! Have a great day <3