Chapter 9

Kiedi sighed loudly and plopped down on her bed. She could find nothing to wear to the party! She should have been smart enough to ask what type of party it was. She let out a scream of frustration and threw her pillow at the wall.

Kelly came stomping at her door. "Okay that's it! What the heck is going on in here?"

"Lukas invited me to a party, but I never asked what type of party it was so I have no clue what to wear!"

"Seriously?" a look of annoyance came over her face. "The next time you feel you're in this 'dire' situation how about you just come ask me!"

"Oh yeah..."

"Come with me," Kelly led her to her room and sat her down on the bed, then went to her closet. "When you don't know, just dress for both," she said as she pulled back with a dress that had Kiedi wondering how the hell she was going to pull it off.

"You can't be serious?" Kiedi said as Kelly twirled it for her to see.

"I've never worn it before and I think it would look perfect on you. It'd give you a chance to show off those nice curves of yours," Kelly smiled persuasively at her.

Kiedi thought about it for a minute and then nodded, "Fine."

"That was easy, you must really like Luke," Kiedi just blushed, "come on let's do your hair and make-up"

An hour later Kiedi stared at her reflection in the mirror; she twirled and watched the dark green halter top dress, which hugged her waist and flared out at her hips, twirl out around her. It reached her at the knees and could pass as formal or semi-formal which was good because Kiedi had no idea which this party was. Kelly had curled her hair and knowing that Kiedi was not a fan of make-up had given her light touches of mainly eyeliner and mascara to make her green eyes pop. Kelly had even loaned her dark coloured pumps and some small diamond studded earrings that lightened Kiedi's face; Overall Kiedi thought she looked pretty good, she just hoped that Luke would agree.

"You look amazing, and Luke is going to love you," Kelly said giving her a little squeeze. "Speak of the devil," she muttered when the doorbell went off. Kelly took her hand and they both went downstairs; Kiedi opened the door.

Luke had to remind himself to breathe; she looked so gorgeous that she took his breath away and drove his inner wolf crazy. He had barely kept his hands to himself so far but how the heck was he going to keep them off her tonight!

"You look.... Breathtaking" he stammered out, he felt like a pimpled schoolboy on his first date. Kiedi blushed; she was so adorable when she blushed.

"Goodnight Kelly," He said when he noticed that Kiedi wasn't the only one at the door.

"Night," Kelly said with a brief wave. Luke only heard her retreating footsteps as she went back up the stairs as he had already refocused his stare on Kiedi.

"Are you ready?" he asked

"Yeah I think so," Kiedi said and grabbed her purse, coat and spare house keys. Luke then, with his hand on the small of her bare back because he just couldn't fight the temptation of not touching her, ushered her to his van.

"Where are we?" Kiedi asked as they pulled into a dark parking lot.

"The pier," Luke answered as he shut off the engine and climbed out to come open her door for her. He hadn't given her much room to climb out when he opened the door so when she climbed out she was pressed against him; she looked up at him in a way that left him staggered at the awe of her beauty and she was going to be his all night.