Chapter 29

Ed Sheeran- Kiss me

"So are we finally going for a practice?" Kiedi asked Luke as he put on his boots to leave the house.

"No," Luke shook his head, "There's something important I have to do in town, sorry beautiful." He reached forward to kiss her but she turned her head and he kissed her cheek.

"Sure there is, just like when the roof was 'leaking', the garage door wouldn't open or! the best one so far, you had to re-tile the bathroom."

"Kie..." Luke said pleadingly as he reached out for her but she pulled away from him.

"I get it Luke, what happened a few weeks ago shook the both of us but we made a deal, you said you would help me but now you don't even want me to leave the house!"

"You don't understand Kie," Luke said softly.

"Maybe you're right, maybe I don't," Kie said and walked away from him, "bring me back another book, I've finished all the interesting ones here."

Kie laid down on Luke's bed staring at the ceiling when there was a knock on the door. She looked up and saw Jazz in jogging clothes.

All the guys are busy so mom and I were going jogging, wanna join?" she asked.

"I would love to!" Kie practically yelled as she hoped off the bed to change.

"Gosh it feels so good to be out of Luke's protective web," Kie said twenty minutes later when they started down a well walked trail.

"He's just worried about you my dear," Esther defended him.

"By keeping me cooped up in the house and breaking his promise?" Kiedi said in between breaths.

"What promise?" Jasmine asked.

Kie stopped for a breath, "It wasn't a promise really, it was more like a deal."

"What was the deal?"

"That he would help me practise my powers and i would stop asking to join their team."

"You too?" Esther asked with a chuckle.

"You asked Mr. Gold that too?" Kie asked.

"Ha! It was more like I pessed him about it. We hadn't had any children yet and I hated being away from him and to know that it was so he could be in danger nearly killed me. I wanted to be near him and protect him."

"Finally someone who understands!" Kie threw her hands in the air in relief. "So what did he say?"

"What they always say when it comes to putting their mates in danger," Jasmine chipped in, "No. But Cooger Cooger taught me self defense lessons and dad did the same for mom."

"But I'm stronger, I can actually help them but he still doesn't want me there."

"Luke has always been protective, he's even more protective when it comes to you," Jasmine said touching her shoulder.

"Unfortunately," Kie mumbled in frustration.

"Come on lets finish up this mile," Esther laughed.

They were jogging back when Kie heard a shuffle from in front of them a good distance away. she grabbed Esther and Jasmine closer to her and threw up her telepathic border around them.

"What is it?" Esther asked. She and Jasmine both started to look freaked.

Before Kie could answer however, Luke came through the trees followed by Leo, Cooger and Lenard.