Chapter 12

So were you guys shocked that Luke was a wolf or what?? But if he's a wolf what are the other animals that were running around O.o

Lets read and find out. comment and let me know what you guys think of the story so far.

******

There it was again, a 'ping' sound. Kiedi rose out of bed to see what it was, 'ping'. She turned on her lamp and went to her window, which seemed to be the source of the sound. There were at least ten little pebbles on the outer window sill; she opened the window and looked outside, there was a shadow of a figure below.

"Kiedi," she heard Luke's voice.

"Luke? What are you doing out there?"

"Can I come in?" Luke asked nervously.

"Of course you can, hold on let me go get the door," Kiedi turned for her door to go downstairs and heard a light thump on her floor. She turned and was staring at Luke, dressed in full black so he would blend in with the darkness.

Kiedi didn't ask any questions, she was going to have to get use to Luke doing strange things if she was ever going to love him, she ran and hugged him as tightly as she could.

Luke hugged her back just as tightly; he lifted her bridal style and carried her to the bed where he sat and cradled her in his lap. Kiedi felt like crying, she had been so worried about him.

Luke eased back and wiped a tear from her cheek, "Hey, why you crying?" he asked.

"Are you okay?" Kiedi sat astride him so she could look him over properly. He looked ok but Kiedi couldn't be too sure because he had gotten a lot of bites and scratches earlier.

"I'm okay," He said and looked down at her bandaged wrist. He held it carefully in his hand, "It's you I'm worried about."

"I'm fine Esther cleaned and bandaged me up you got worse than me."Kiedi gently pulled her wrist from him.

"I'm a quick healer," he said nervously. Here was the conversation that he had dreaded all evening. Matter of fact since the first time he saw her.

"Yeah I noticed," Kiedi climbed off his lap and Luke felt his heart sink.

Was this it? Was this where she told him that she couldn't be with a monster like him?

"I noticed that among other things," She drew her knees up to her chest.

"Yeah," Luke stalled.

"Are you going to make me beg?"

"What?" he asked innocently. How did one prepare to lose the love of his life?

"How did you do that today? How is it possible that you changed from you to a wolf right in front of my eyes?"

"It's complicated," he chanced a look at her.

"We've got all night."

Luke let out a breath and said it in a rush, "I'm a shape shifter."

"A shape shifter?" Kiedi asked incredulously.

"A demon shape shifter to be exact," He continued. He kept staring at her because pretty soon she would banish him from her life forever and this may be the last time he got to look at her so closely.

"Even better," Kiedi said sarcastically.

"Look I didn't want you to find out like..." Kiedi cut in

"Is that why there seems to be a fire every time we kiss? And why I a pull towards you?"

"Sort of," Luke said as he thought. He didn't know that she was feeling the pull as well. As far as he knew human mates weren't suppose to feel anything until they were marked.