Chapter 24

Wow! well I definitely look at Keith differently. I dedicate the song above to Luke and Kiedi as well as Keith and Kelsi. 

I don't want you guys to get my book confused. I tried to explain in the novel but just to make it clear:

Alchima is NOT Heaven. And Keith, Kelsi and the other angels are not people who have died and been reborn; they are a different species like humans who live in a different dimension. The same thing goes for Demons in the Underworld and Hell.

Okay, now that that's clear lets keep reading! 

*******

"Did you ever see her again?" Kelly asked. Kiedi was a bit speechless; not only was she a demon half breed, now she was a drunken, one night stand, mistake, half breed.

"No I didn't," Keith answered.

"So how did you find out about Kiedi?" Kelly asked again.

She seemed genuinely interested in this unfortunate conception story and as much as it made Kiedi feel like an unwanted mistake she was curious as well because this was her mother they were talking about after all.

"Well it was months later," Keith squeezed Kelsi's hands that were held in his. "Kelsi and I were married and expecting Kelly. There was a commotion in the Kingdom, apparently a crying, black haired, green eyed, unusual aura having baby was found in a basket," He said looking pointedly at Kiedi.

"They brought you to the palace and as soon as I saw  you I knew who you were and that you were mine. I also recognized your aura as half demon, half angel and knew that my one night stand had led to something more magical than I could ever have imagined."

Kiedi felt her vision go blurry and she dropped her gaze to the floor, allowing her hair to cover her face. Not only was she a mistake but her mom had abandoned her in a basket. Apparently her father knew her better than she thought because she heard his footsteps coming her way then the bed dipped beside her and his arm went around her shoulders and her kissed her temple.

"When I first took you up you stopped crying and smiled at me as if you knew me," he said smiling at her. A stray tear ran down her cheek and he wiped it away. "A note fell out of your blanket and one word was written on it, 'KIEDI'. Have I ever told you what your name means Kie?"

"No,"  she said sniffling. 

"It means special," He said softly.

Her mother had given her her name. Maybe it was because her mother had given Kie her name or the fact that her name meant special which must have meant that she had meant something to her mother; either way it made Kiedi feel a lot better.

"I fell in love with you instantly and I knew that I had to have you in my life," her dad finished and he gave her one final squeeze.

"Keith had told me about the woman on Earth, Arora, and I was angry for awhile but I forgave him," Kelsi spoke up, "When I saw you, I immediately knew that you were her baby and I should have been hurt but you were so beautiful and had the sweetest smile that I fell in love with you too and we decided that we just had to keep you and I wanted to raise you as my own."

"So why did you send us to earth and kept our powers and the truth from us?" Kelly asked.

"You two just could not get along, to put it mildly," Kieth said dryly," by the time you guys were two you would have burned the Kingdom down; not to mention the palace."

"Plus Kiedi being what she is was in danger because half bloods are prohibited," Kelsi added, "so we sent you to earth where you could grow up normal and safe; and you two could finally learn to get along."