Chapter 18

Okay that last part was a doozy. Ready for some answers? cause I am.

Lets see what's going with Kiedi

********

"Kiedi talk to me," Luke was saying. Kiedi heard his voice as though it was coming through a haze. She looked around her; she was cradled in Luke's lap in the living quarters of the RV. Everyone else was scattered around them.

"What happened?" she asked sitting up.

"You passed out baby," Luke stroked her face. "Right after you killed ten demons."

"I did that," Kiedi's mind cleared and she remembered what she had just done.

"Yeah Kie, but how did you do it?" Luke asked.

"I... I don't know," Kiedi answered honestly. "I just know that they were hurting you guys and it made me so angry! I just wanted them to pay."

"Well way to make them pay Kie," Leo said but he was still looking at her funny; as if it was the first time he was seeing her.

"I'm just glad you're safe," Luke said and kissed her hair. Then he sat back and brushed a strand of hair behind her ears. His face was tilted to the side and he was looking at her as if she was the biggest puzzle.

"Does anybody else smell that?" Carl asked.

"Yeah," Leo answered. The rest of the guys nodded. Kiedi stared at them stupefied.

"I've been trying to figure out what it means," Lenard said. Kiedi looked at Esther and Jasmine for answers but they both shook their heads just as lost as she was.

"What do you guys smell?" Kiedi asked Luke. He was still looking at her funny.

"You smell different baby," Luke answered calmly even though he looked a bit confused.

"Hell you even look different," Kyle piped in, "now I can see the resemblance between you and your sister."

"What?" Kiedi asked. She was more confused now; she looked and smelt different?

"Look different how?" she asked but the guys had already gotten into an argument about what she was.

"So maybe she's a witch," Kyle joked.

"Don't be stupid Kyle, witches don't exist." Carl answered.

"Those were demonic powers," Cooger said.

"But her Aura wasn't demonic. Am I the only one who saw that she was glowing with a blue light?" Luke asked.

"No I saw it too," Leo answered.

"Me too," Carl added. She was glowing blue? Kiedi was lost in their conversation.

"Blue auras belong to..." Leo started and trailed off as everyone else, except Kiedi, caught unto what he was thinking.

"But those powers weren't that of an angel," Lenard said matter-of-factly.

What now they were talking about angels? Kiedi felt like screaming. The rest of them kept talking but Kiedi noticed that Luke had fallen silent.

"Luke what's going on?" she asked tugging on his arm.

"Your father," Luke said in a whisper to himself; then more loudly to everyone else he said, "Her father knows."

"What do you mean her father knows?"

"On Thursday when I went to pick up Kiedi he called me in for a little chat," Luke started, "He knew what I was."