Chapter 17

A tree came flying from the forest and it hit the side of the RV making it rock from side to side but one the bears steadied it before it could fall over. Kiedi watched with bated breath as a monster walked, no stomped, through the trees in front of Luke and Cooger. There was no other way to describe the creature that entered their little campsite. It was big, about 8 feet, and scaly. It had three legs and no nose. It was gruesome to look at but Kiedi couldn't take her eyes off it.

She did however when two more came to stand behind it. Kiedi knew that this was what Luke did for a living but these things were large and he and Cooger were outnumbered.

She chewed on her lip as Luke and Cooger exchanged looks then turned and charged at the monsters. Kiedi kept gasping and yelping at each blow the guys received, she felt like she was the one getting them. It was painful to watch even though the guys were giving as good as they were getting.

That was until the monsters got a hold of their legs and drew them up off the ground. Kiedi heard Esther scream and ran to see that the same was happening all around them. The guys were outnumbered and being thrown about by these creatures from hell.

Kiedi felt both angry and scared at the same time; but when she went back to the cockpit and saw the third monster approaching Luke with his claws outstretched anger took over.

Kiedi screamed out in fury and before Jasmine could stop her or she could stop herself she ran out of the RV and into the chill night air. She felt anger so severe that it was like she was fighting against chains to let it out. It was like she was fighting against something inside herself to let out all her fury. Then suddenly it was like the chain broke; she felt free, stronger and angry, very angry.

Don't you dare touch him!" she screamed. She should've been afraid when all eyes turned on her but she was too far gone to feel fear. She didn't know what came over her but she felt invincible.

Luke's head snapped up when he heard Kiedi's voice. He turned and looked at her and was stupefied. What the hell was going on? His calm sweet Kiedi stood in the middle of the clearing staring down demons that were three times her size. She had a glow around her; her entire body shone like a light had been turned on inside her and she looked pissed. It was the angriest he'd ever seen her.

But his heart nearly failed him when he saw two of the demons moving towards her. "Kiedi, what the hell? Get your ass back inside now!" Luke wanted to yell at her. He fought harder trying to get the monster to let him go, urgent now because his life wasn't the only thing that was threatened anymore. But it was too late, the demon had too good a grip on him and the others had already spotted Kiedi so even if she went back to the RV they would go after her and in turn find his mother and his sister.

"Let him go now," Kiedi said through clenched teeth. She watched the guys fight her captors in vain and heard their yelps of pain as the monsters squeezed tighter. She was shaking now and she couldn't control it. She watched as Luke fought to free himself to get to her and screamed when the monster hit his body against a tree to shut him up and Luke growled out in pain. She wasn't sure if it was just her but the whole place seemed to start shaking.

Kiedi stepped towards that monster with a purpose but then two more came to stand in front of her blocking her view of Luke. She thought about just throwing them to the side out of her way and her face formed a scowl as she focused on them.

Suddenly they were airborne and thrown by no one in particular in opposite directions into a tree with a resounding crack. Kiedi looked down at her hands in amazement.

Did she do that?

Another monster came charging at her and Kiedi should have been afraid. In any other case she would have been terrified but now, she stared the monster down. She wanted it to burn; she thought with scorn, she wanted them all to burn.

The campsite lit up as all the monsters suddenly burst into flame. Kiedi turned and watched as one by one each monster she looked at caught aflame and dropped their prey in favour of running around screaming in agony. The last monster she turned to was the one who was holding Luke. She didn't want this one to burn; she wanted him to feel more pain than that.

She held up her hand as if she was choking it and squeezed her hand closed in a fist. The monster let go of Luke and grabbed at Its throat, gasping for air. Kiedi started a fire from the inside out and watched as the monster combusted into nothing. The rest of the monsters did the same until only the guys and Kiedi were left in the clearing with ash of the burnt monsters falling around them.

Kiedi watched as Luke shifted forms and ran over to her. He grabbed her and wrapped his arms tightly around her, squeezing her close.

"Don't you ever do that to me again!" Luke yelled into her hair.

Kiedi wrapped her arms around him and held him close, she just realized that she was crying. She had just nearly lost Luke, she thought as she gripped him tightly. And what the heck had just happened to her? What had she just done and how?

All these questions were running through her mind when the others came to surround them. Kiedi couldn't bear to look at them just yet plus she felt extremely weak.

"What the hell just happened?" Kyle asked; that was the last thing Kiedi heard before she passed out in Luke's arms.

I know this chapter was really short but I thought the ending was perfect and Woa! who was expecting that little twist ;). tell me what you guys just think happened. and dont forget to vote!