Chapter 31

They were all in the living room playing board games as family time; they had a lot of family time Kiedi chuckled as she thought about it. She figured in a house filled with macho demons Esther had to find a way to get them to be at home and get along without so much testosterone all the time.

Jasmine just shouted 'yatzee' when Cooger's eyes blanked out. Kiedi had come to recognize that as his 'visions' face. The rest of the guys started getting up cause Cooger's visions usually meant trouble.

"About a mile out, we have to hurry," Cooger said as he joined the others as they started to strip out of their shirts. Cooger and Luke went over to Carl who hadn't taken off his shirt yet.

"Carl I want you to stay with the girls," Luke said to him.

"I agree. I would also be more comfortable if you stayed," Cooger said looking at him intently.

Carl seemed to have gotten a silent message from their looks because he simply nodded and watched them run out of the house seconds later. Kiedi knew he probably felt left out of the action so she called out to him.

"Bet you can't beat any of us at Ludi," she smirked. Carl chuckled and shook his head at her; he knew what she was doing. Over the last couple of weeks after his confession she and Carl had gotten a bit closer and Kelly was right, Carl was a pretty cool guy when you got to know him.

Carl was about to beat them for the second time when there was the sound of glass shatter at the back of the house. Carl told them to be quiet as he slowly went to the back of the house. There was a ripping sound then a growl and Kiedi instinctively put up her force field around Jasmine, Esther and herself.

They all screamed when they saw Carl as a bear fall on his back in the passage with two parasite demons on top of him. A third tried to climb past him to them but he hauled it back by its leg and threw it into the wall.

More started piling into the house and the girls ran to the kitchen. They were trapped as they hid behind the kitchen counter. Kiedi tried to use her powers to put the fridge in front of the doorway to keep them out but they pushed against it. She could still hear Carl's growls from the living room over their screams.

Keeping up the barrier as well as using her mental force to keep the fridge in the doorway was draining Kie and she soon started to feel dizzy and her force field wavered. She had to make a choice to either keep up the force field at which point she would have to let the fridge go and allow the demons into the kitchen to attack her shield or put down the shield cause they were alone in the kitchen and hold the fridge in place to keep the parasites out...

At the time it seemed like an easy choice...

***

I know it's a really short chapter but I want you guys to tell me what you would have chosen or what you think Kiedi should do before you read the next chapter... please it will make the suspense all the more fun don't you think!