Chapter 11

Enjoy loves!!

***********

Kiedi tried to turn but couldn't; there was a heavy weight around her waist. She felt a warm breath at her neck and that's when her memory kicked in and she remembered that she had fallen asleep in Luke's arms. She gently raised his arm and silently climbed out of bed and skittered off to the bathroom. She didn't even turn on the light because she didn't want to wake up Lukas. When she came back out she stood at the foot of the bed and just stared at him, a few features made visible by the moonlight.

He looked so peaceful in his sleep, she thought as she walked closer to look at him. She gently pulled her fingers through his already ruffled hair then trailed it down his cheek. He twitched slightly startling her but before she could pull away he reached up and held her hand, turning so he could kiss her palm.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you," she apologised.

"It's okay," he gave a sleepy smile with his eyes still closed.

"You stayed," Kiedi smiled softly.

His eyes opened and he looked up at her. Tugging her down unto the bed with him he said, "You needed me and I'll always be there when you need me."

"Like how you were there for me earlier tonight," she said to his chest.

"Exactly"

"How did you find me?" Kiedi asked softly looking up into his face.

"Cooger saw when you ran off and came to get me. We tracked you down and then we heard you scream..." Luke lied. He couldn't tell her that it was her scent that was leading them at first or that the scent of her blood had already drawn him to that lonely street long before her panicked scream could send him into a murderous frenzy.

"But you were there so quickly..." Kiedi started but Luke cut her off.

"Wow look at the time," he muttered changing the subject.

Kiedi looked too; it was almost three in the morning. She thought of Kelly and shot up in the bed.

"Relax, she came home hours ago," Luke said and tugged her back down into his arms. "I should go though."

By pure coincidence his phone went off as soon as he spoke. When he hung up Kiedi looked at him questioningly.

"That was Leo, he says mom and dad are upset cause I'm not home as yet," he explained as he climbed out of bed. Kiedi pouted as he pulled on his shirt and took up his jacket. "Hey don't pout, your dad will be home soon too anyways and I'm sure he wouldn't be happy to find me here." He kissed her forehead lightly and as a thought crossed his mind he looked deeply into her eyes.

"I know this is going to be a strange request but could you not tell your dad what happened tonight please?"

"I wasn't planning to," she answered and when Luke looked at her quizzically she explained, "He's overprotective enough without having a reason to be. Plus you guys took care of it so why give him any unnecessary stress?"

"I love you," Luke said and gave her a quick kiss on the lips before dashing out the door leaving Kiedi a mushy puddle on her bed.

Luke ran into the forest and saw the others gathered in a semi-circle around some large boulders.

"Finally you're here," Carl said when Luke fit into the circle.

"Took you long enough, what'd you tell Kie to get away?" Kyle said being his usual nosy self.

"That's not important," Luke growled at him. He hated lying to Kiedi and planned to tell her the truth as soon as possible. As soon as possible being as soon as he was sure she wouldn't go running for the hills when she found out.