Chapter 19

I think it's about time I gave you guys some answers so here we go.

********

"You're a what!" Kiedi said flying up from the couch. They had gathered in the living room because her father had thought it would be more comfortable for what he was about to tell her.

"I'm an Angel," her father repeated calmly.

"But I'm not," Kiedi said glancing from Luke to her dad. "The guys said that my powers weren't that of an angel."

"Not technically," her father looked a bit nervous. He glanced at Luke tentatively before continuing, "You're half angel."

"And half human?" Kiedi asked. This was not clearing up her confusion at all.

"No... No you're a rare cross-species," her father said and shared a meaningful glance with Luke.

"You mean she's a...?" Luke asked incredulously. "You can't be serious. That's impossible for two reasons; one, they're not even supposed to exist, they're just a myth; and two I would have smelt her!" Luke looked at her like she was a puzzle again.

"What am I?" Kiedi asked a bit uncomfortable with how Luke was looking at her.

"You're a sianglia," Luke said quietly.

"Half angel, half demon," her father wouldn't meet her gaze, "an Angmon, a Dangel."

"A Dangel?" Kiedi had to sit back down; her knees felt weak.

"The most powerful being to ever exist because you have the powers of both Angel and demon; but because of your powers you're kind are forbidden by our rulers."

"So that's why she was kept a secret, but why couldn't I smell her?"

"Because of what we did to her." Keith replied staring at Kiedi.

"What did you do to me?" Kiedi asked; she fingered her new necklace just to have something to do with her hands.

"We did it to both of you."

"Who is this 'we' you keep talking about?" Kiedi asked throwing her hands up in the air. All the curtains and books went up too and then clattered to the ground. "Where's Kelly?"

"She went out with friends earlier," Keith answered, "and 'we' is your step-mother and me."

"My... My step-mother?" this was just too much for her. Luke reached over and squeezed her hand offering support.

She took a deep breath, "What did you do to us?" she asked calmly.

"We sealed off your powers."

"So why'd you keep it a secret from us?" Kiedi asked.

"So the both of you could grow up normally and safe; you don't understand the type of power you're walking around with Kie."

"And whose fault is that?!" Kiedi yelled. The windows flew open and everything flew up in the room.

"This is exactly what I'm talking about!" Her father said closing the window, "can you imagine a cranky three year old with that kind of power?"

"I'm sorry, I guess I understand what you mean but I'm not three years old anymore dad; you should have told me."

"I'm sorry dear, I was planning on telling you on your eighteenth birthday but I thought it would be nice if you could spend one last normal holiday with friends. I never thought anything would've happened in such a short time to set you off."

"But if you sealed off my powers how did I unleash them?" Kiedi asked.

"Each year your powers get stronger and your birthdays are the most important days. Your powers are heightened and the least little thing that upsets you could unleash them. That's why I told Lukas to keep you calm this weekend."