Chapter 23

This chapter will be a flashback story by Kieth. The picture above is my picture of Kieth. I think he is perfect as their dad. Plus I just love Paul Walker.

 R.I.P Paul

******************

Kieth was walking the palace grounds along with his partners/ friends Alfred and Matias.

"So you're moving up tomorrow huh," Alfred said slapping me on the back.

"Yeah, Just don't forget us little people once you get up there," Matias commented.

Keith had to laugh, "There is nothing little about the two of you two; one, your both the biggest angels I've ever seen and two, you're palace national guards."

"Yeah but you'll be the Princess' personal guard," Alfred smirked.

"True, but I could never forget you guys; I've known you all my life." And that was true. Kieth had known Matias and Alfred since they were children; they had been neighbors and when they hit sixteen and sprouted wings they were all put into national guard training. It had been a huge honour for each of their families.

 Now the princess' personal guard was retiring to because he had gotten old and was planning on going up to the 'Big House' and keith had been hand picked as his replacement.

"The princess is a real beauty though, ain't she?" Alfie teased.

"Don't go getting any ideas!" Matias laughed and shoved at Keith when he grinned at Alfie's comment. "You're there to protect her, not fall for her or worse."

Keith flew up and slapped Matias' head laughing as i said "Yeah" and flew off. the two of them chased after him as we flew around the palace grounds.

He was going to miss nights like this because as of tomorrow he was going to have to be at the princess' side 24/7.

Keith was ushered into the palace's grand hall by two national guards and led to stand before the previous personal guard. He greeted Keith warmly and they had small talk for a bit. the room went silent however, when the princess entered the room. they all fell to their knees with their heads bowed.

Kelsi smiled and told them all to stand at ease. Kelsi looked at Felix and her chest tightened. She couldn't believe he was retiring. she had known this man since she was a young baby, she had taken strolls with him, at one point in her teenage years she had imagined herself in love with him but he had never shown her anything beyond a platonic adoration for his princess and she outgrew it eventually.

Kelsi giggled at the memory as she held out her hand to be introduced to her new personal guard. As they held hands words were spoken binding his fate to her's.

She looked at her new personal and had to admit that he was young but looked capable of doing the job or else Felix wouldn't have picked him; she also noticed that he was very attractive. 

His long blond hair fell to his neck and he had a dimple in his chin. his lips were thin and a pale pink. His eyes however were a shimmering clear blue that Kelsi found herself staring into them. His lips turned up in a small smile and Kelsi felt her face heating up.

Keith looked down at his princess. her blonde hair fell in curls to her back. her small nose matched the rest of her fragile looking features. Her pouty pink lips smiled at him and her blue eyes were the clearest blue he had ever seen. She looked young and beautiful and Keith chuckled as he saw her face turn pink when he smiled at her.

They let go of each other's hand and stepped apart. Kelsi hugged Felix tightly and kissed his cheek before she let him go and watched as he picked up his suitcase and walked out of the palace. she turned to Keith who was standing a close but respectful distance behind her.