Chapter 25

Welcome back everybody! I hope your enjoying the book so far but I wish you guys would vote more :/ but even if you don't, but I hope you will, I'll keep writing because I love this book and I want to share it with anyone who will appreciate it like I do.

The song above is 'why try' by Arianna Grande just in case it won't load for you. I really like this song and I chose it as a tribute to Luke and Kiedi.

*******

"This is Nathan and Daniel," Kelsi said introducing the two new guards to Kiedi and Kelly. The one named Nathan visibly twitched when he bowed over Kiedi's hand yet he made an impressive bow as he kissed the back of Kelly's hand. Kiedi tried to not be offended by his reaction to her but it was really hard not to.

"Your Highness," Nathan said rising to look Kelly in her eyes. Kelly bit her bottom lip which Kiedi recognized as Kelly's unspoken 'dibs' signal.

Daniel gave Kiedi a warm smile as he bowed over Kiedi's hand which made up for Nathan's cold greeting; he also showed no visible disgust towards Kiedi which made her feel less like a pariah. He also bowed over Kelly's hand but there was no kiss, "Your Highness's," He said to both of them.

"Kelly I think Nathan should be your personal guard and Kiedi Daniel will be yours," Kelsi said and they all nodded and the guys stepped back and took at ease standing positions.

"Well we'll be going," Keith said rising out of his seat. He took Kelsi's hand in his, "we have unfinshed business."

"Ugh," Kiedi gagged when they were out of earshot.

"Tell me about it," Kelly agreed with equal disgust.Kelly linked their hands together and they started walking back into the palace; their guards took up positions behind them. "I want to go freshen up first before we go on our tour," Kelly said and they headed back to their rooms.

Kiedi left Kelly at her door where she and Nathan went in and Daniel followed her into hers. An awkward silence fell over the room and Kiedi became nervous because this was the second time a guy had ever been in her room. The first time had been the night Luke had stayed over; the thought of that night brought mixed emotions of remembered fear and love for that was the official start of her and Luke.

"You look even more beautiful when your face isn't covered in tears," Kiedi heard Daniels voice seep through her thoughts.

She turned to look at him and saw that he was still standing by her door, "Thanks," she replied with a smile.

Sonya came in just then and she stopped short when she noticed Daniel.

"Daniel?" 

"Hey Son, what's up?" Daniel said with a smile.

"Don't call me that!" Sonya said sounding exasperated, "What are you doing here?"

"Didn't you hear? I'v been promoted to be princess Kiedi's personal guard." Daniel said with such pride that Kiedi had to chuckle softly.

"You? Were they short on young guards?" Sonya asked in a playfully teasing tone.

"Awe thanks for the faith and support Cuz," Daniel said with sarcasm.

"You're related?" Kiedi asked smiling, she had enjoyed their little playful banter.

"Unfortunately," Sonya sneered at him.

"Oh yeah, act like you don't love me," Daniel said throwing his arm over her shoulder.

"Whatever, let me show you to your room," she said throwing off his arm.

"I doubt his room is in my closet," Kiedi pointed out when she saw Sonya head in that direction. Sonya didn't comment, she only stepped inside and open up a secret door into a darker, smaller but equally comfortable room.