Chapter 22

Kiedi Jumped up out of bed with a start; she was hearing a scream from across the hall. She flew out of bed knowing that it came from Kelly's room. Not even pausing to put on clothes Kiedi dashed across the hall and into Kelly's room. Kelly was standing with her back to the mirror and staring over her shoulders at her gold tipped wings.

"Okay Kie..." Kelly said when she glanced Kiedi in her reflection, "What are these on my back?" she looked down at herself, "and what am I wearing?"

"Kelly calm down," Kiedi stepped slowly towards her.

"Where the heck are we?" as Kiedi stepped into the light Kelly really looked at her, "Oh my God! Kie you have blonde hair! With blue eyes!"

"I Know and you have to calm down for me to explain,"

Kelly took a deep breath, "Okay... I'm relaxed."

"Those are wings," Kiedi said and jumped back when Kelly started to flap them madly. "You have wings because your an angel and.... you're dressed liked that because you're in Heaven or Alchima as they call it."

Kelsi and their father came running into the room and Kelly looked at Kelsi fearfully then she looked at Kiedi in confusion as she saw how their father and Kelsi held hands.

Kiedi nodded and said "We're in your bedroom in Alchima," Kiedi said slowly "and what you have on is the traditional wear up here I think and this is Queen Kelsi... your mother."

"What?" Kelly asked in total shock. The worst one, Kiedi thought, was that her mother was still alive. "You expect me to believe that I'm an Angel, with wings! And that I'm in heaven?"

"Yes, well not heaven, Alchima; apparently they're different places," Kiedi answered.

Kelly slumped down on the bed, "I'm dead aren't I?" she asked.

"No sweetheart," Kelsi answered stepping forward to comfort her, "you are very much alive and this is all real."

Tears rolled down Kelly's cheeks, "Then you really are my mother," she cried and threw herself at Kelsi who caught her and held her close as they both wept.

"Mom," Kelly cried "I thought I didn't have a mom anymore."

"My beautiful girl, I've missed you so much." Kelsi cried along with her.

Kiedi felt the tears gather at the corner of her eyes as she watched mother and daughter embrace. Her father joined them on the bed and threw his arms around the both of them.

Kiedi felt like an intruder; they were a family and she was a stranger. She wrapped her arms around herself and stepped into the corner; trying to get away from their moment so she wouldn't taint it.

Kiedi wiped away a stray tear as they stopped hugging and looked up at her. Kelly skipped over to her all smiles.

"Isn't this great Kie? We're both angels!" Kelly said her smile touching her ears. Kiedi looked over to her father so he could break the news to Kelly.

Keith told them to sit down and he and his wife sat in an armchair across from them.

"What's wrong?" Kelly asked as they sat side by side on the bed.

Their father starts to explain the same thing he'd told Kiedi. He told Kelly that Kiedi was a Dangel and that they were half sisters. He also told her how they use to fight a lot when they were kids, Kelly laughed at that and threw her arm over Kiedi's shoulder and said "and now we're best friends."

Their dad then finished by telling them that they'd almost destroyed Heaven with their fighting so they had to take their powers and memories and send them to earth with him alone because Kelsi was the queen and had to stay to keep watch over heaven.

"I had wanted to stay by your side, both of you," Kelsi said sadly, "but I just couldn't."

Keith further explained that although it wasn't necessary he posed as a cop so he could help people and that he didn't really move to New Orleans for a job but because their eighteenth birthdays were coming up and they were going to be old enough to decide if they wanted their powers or not and New Orleans being the power central in the United States would allow enough power inflow for him to release their powers. 

"So Kiedi's eighteen does she have her powers?" Kelly asked

To answer her Kiedi focused on the bed and closed her eyes. It took a lot of concentration to do it because she wasn't boosted by her hormones like the last time but she smiled to herself when she felt her feet rise off the floor and Kelly squealed in delight.

"Oh gosh this is so cool!" Kelly squealed. Kiedi started to feel a mental strain and gently put the bed back down.

"So can I do that too?" Kelly asked their dad.

"No sweetheart, with your wings you have the ability to fly, you have control over plants and the wind and you can generate your own force field against danger,"  he answered.

"Plus you have accelerated healing," Kelsi added smiling at her.

"So since Kiedi is half and half; what kind of powers does she have?" Kelly asked eagerly.

"Kiedi has demonic powers and Angelic ones such as control over fire and any other form of energy in the atmosphere. She is telekenetic and while she can't fly she can levitate herself. You too can generate a force field Kie but unfortunately you do not possess accelerated healing abilities," Kieth answered.

Kelsi chuckled softly to herself as Kieth explained Kiedi's abilities. when he was finished she spoke up.

"It was rather difficult putting you to bed as a baby," she said smiling, "you would always levitate yourself into Kelly's crib."

They all chuckled for awhile until Kelly went quiet and turned to look at both her mother and father. 

"So If Kiedi and I are half sisters with different mothers; where's Kiedi's mom? and how did you meet her?"

Kelsi froze at the question and a look of sadness took over her face. Kiedi didn't say anything because she was equally curious she just hadn't gotten around to asking yet. Their dad's face became the depiction of regret.

" We think she's still in the Underworld; continuing as the Demon princess," he explained.

"Kiedi you're a princess too," Kelly grinned at her.

"So how did you end up sleeping with my mom, the demon princess?" Kiedi asked, her voice had become void of emotion.

Keith wen over and kneeled in front of Kelsi, he held her hand and looked deeply into her eyes before he answered Kiedi.

"It was just as I'd gotten promoted to private gaurd."

What do you guys think?? comment and vote and let me know.

the next chapter will be a sort of flashback by their dad giving his explanation.