Chapter nine

Before I'd even realized it, two days had passed. The time had finally come.
My parents were expecting me back home.
I was left with no choice but to tell them I was moving out, passing Sora off as my boyfriend. There was no way they'd buy this!
This was the day I'd been dreading. It was a complete nightmare!
My stomach was twisted in a knot as Sora and I walked down the hill to the town, in the direction of my house. I was on edge... And Sora seemed to pick up on it.
"... Don't lose your nerve." He told me nonchalantly.
I glared at him. "Hush up! This is nerve wracking! I'm moving out of my house, Sora! And telling my parents I'm going to live with some fake boyfriend! My last time with them, and I lie to them! Try and think about how I feel about this..."
He didn't say anything else.
I walked nervously beside Sora before we reached my house. I looked at it with sad eyes. I couldn't believe I was having to leave my home like this...
I swallowed as Sora reached up to ring to doorbell, making his ears vanish in the process. My heart was pounding. This was it...
I broke into a nervous sweat as I heard footsteps before the door swung open. It was my mother.
"Oh, Ayano! Thank goodness you're home! Your father has been worried sick that you'd..."
She stopped when she took notice of the obvious Sora. "... Who is this...?"
I took a deep breath, clenching my hands into fists, "Mom," I started shakily. "This is Sora... My..." I gulped. "... B... B-B..."
Sora gave me a sharp glare when I choked on the word before I managed to croak out, ".. Boyfriend..."
My mothers eyes grew as wide as saucers. "B-B...!?
I blushed a little and stared at the ground.
"W-Well, why don't you two come inside...? HONEY GET DOWN HERE!"
She screamed at my father as Sora and I awkwardly stepped into the house. I hadn't noticed I was trembling until my eyes fell on my hand when I closed the door behind us.
My father came rushing into the room moments later. "AYANO, thank the lord you're ho..." His voice trailed off as his eyes fell on us and I bit my lip. It was my father I was most worried about...
"Honey... This is Sora... Ayano's.. Boyfriend..."
I held my breath, waiting for my dad's reaction.
"...." He started to step up to Sora, who easily bested him in height, and stared up at him sharply. Sora remained as unaffected as usual, but my heart felt like it would burst. This was so so nerve wracking...
Sora looked down boredly at my father, who glared at him. "... Why do you seem so familiar?"
For the first time, I noticed a shift in the emotion in Sora's eyes. But it only lasted for a split second before he managed to hide it away.
Sora...?
"I don't believe we've met before.." He said blandly.
"Is that right..."
My heart was in my throat as I watched, my hands clammy. "..."
The air was tense...
"... You're going to have to answer some questions, young man..."

"Yes, sir.."

I bit my lip. This was going to be terrifying... Lord only knew if I would make it through this experience heart-attack-free.