Chapter thirty seven

I looked down. So Kyoko had done it... She'd let him go. Why...? Was it because of me...? All of a sudden I was feeling guilty...
Sora looked at me. "It's not your fault. It was her decision."
I scowled a bit at him for picking through my brain. Of course, I was practically accustomed to him being in there by this point. My thoughts were so unsafe. Lord only knew what kinds of things he knew about but didn't point out to me. Evil...
"Oh, I know things."

"Not helping."

I exhaled and silence fell over us once more. Even still, I could feel Sora's stare on me, though I refused to meet it. "... Can I help you?"

"Do you see it?"

I blinked, facing him. "It...?"
He sighed heavily. "You really are dense."
My face heated. What's with that?? I scowled at him. Couldn't he say something NICE once in a while?
He rolled his eyes. "You never know what's going on, do you?"

"Can I ask you a question?"

He seemed surprised by my response, but nodded in approval.
I'd wanted to ask him... It was a question that had sort of always been burning in the back of my mind.
"... Why did you bring me here?"
He looked at me with an unreadable expression as I kept going. "Why did you make me your familiar? Even though it's brought you such trouble..."
I thought back to when Sora was hurt, was broken... And my hands clenched into fists.
".. And don't you lie to me," I went on in a hard voice. "I know that won't be the last of the trouble you'll get if I stay here."
It'd tear me apart if he got hurt again because of me..
He eyed me skeptically, then let out a slow breath. ".. Alright. Maybe it is time I tell you everything..."
I tilted my head. Tell me everything..?
Sora looked me in the eye, his expression serious.
"... I wanted you here from the beginning."