Chapter twenty one

Yuto had taken Sora to help him take a bath, and I sat alone in me and Sora's room. I stared down at the carpet expressionlessly. My stomach was in knots, and I couldn't manage to collect my thoughts.. All of this was way over my head. Sora said that he was going to protect me... And forbade me to blame myself for this. But... Was I supposed to just sit back and let this happen to him? I hated feeling this helpless...
I knew that Sora didn't want me to do anything, but... Could I really just stand by? He said he would keep me safe... What if I wanted to keep him safe, too?
I clenched my hands into fists, exhaling shortly. This was so bothersome... I needed to go outside.
I stood out on the porch, looking out over the land there at the shrine sight. It was awful windy today... And I knew it was cold; I could feel the bite of it on my skin. Even so, I was hardly considering it, my mind still full.
I must've been out there for around an hourー after a bit, I heard a voice from behind me.
"What are you doing out here?"
Assigning the voice to a face, I turned and met eyes with Sora. Of course it was him... He was wearing his sleepwear, his hair still damp from his bath.
I squinted at him. "You're standing on your own..." I observed.
"Yeah..." He nodded and sauntered towards me, occasionally supporting himself on the doorway or chairs as he made his way to stand by me. I stood a little straighter, prepared to support his weight if need be. "You should sit. Don't hurt yourself." I tried to keep my voice and face unreadable. But I knew he could see through me.
"Still thinking?" He observed, raising a brow.
I didn't answer. He sighed. "Even after my speech? I thought it was pretty damn impressive..."
I rolled my eyes. "Leave me be. Go back inside. It's cold out here, you'll get sick."
I flinched a little when he raised a hand to nudge my head. "Quit bossing me around. You forget our relationship." That earned him a glare. After a pause, his face and tone softened, and he spoke seriously. "Why do you think so much?"

"... Sorry."

He sighed. "There isn't anything I can do?"

"... No. I don't think you can." I looked at the clouds quietly. After a moment, I snapped back, feeling him take my chin to turn me to him. I didn't even have time to react before I quickly fell into the realization that his face was awfully close.
K...k...kissing me...?
He was kissing me...?
Again?!
The moment I caught it, my heart started beating a million miles a minute, my face burning hot. Sora...!!
After a moment that felt like forever, he slowly parted from me and looked into my eyes seriously. "... Mind clear yet?"