Chapter forty six

I excitedly awaited my friend's arrival early the next morning, sitting on the couch not far from the front door.
Despite the tv being on, I was looking at the door more than the screen. I couldn't wait to see her! I had so much to spill... I hadn't ever had anyone to talk about it to yet.
This was going to be a nice change of pace...
Finally, after a couple hours of waiting, there was a ring at the door, and hour earlier than expected.
Excited, I jumped up from the couch and crossed the room to the door, eagerly throwing it open to be greeted by my bestie's friendly face.
"Ayanoooo!"

"Haruka!"

She pulled me into a tight hug. I was so happy to see her...!
When she parted from me, she eyed me in disbelief. "How come you're already up?? I came early! I though I'd catch you snoozing."
I laughed a bit.
"I've been living here long enough that I got used to waking up early. I usually get up at 8 or 9, which is still late to the other inhabitants of this place."
Haruka looked at me incredulously. "8?? What kind of teenager are you??"
I laughed out loud and lightly hit her shoulder. "Shut up. Come on, come inside!"
We pulled her bag in as we went into the house and closed the door behind her. The minute we'd stepped in, she looked around to take in the sight.
"Woooow," she marveled. "It's different than I expected."

"I know right?"

I laid her bag against the wall by the door and sat up straight. This was going to be so much fun... She was even spending the night! I was so excited! I needed some girl time... It was stuffy with all the boys around all the time.
Not that I didn't love Yuto and Sora.
As I lead Haruka into the space, Yuto stepped out to see us, smiling.
"Hello! Welcome! I'm making lunch right now if you want some!"
The response Haruka gave was exactly what I had expected.
"Awwww! He's a puppy?!"
Before Yuto could react, Haruka was hugging and snuggling and petting him.
"These ears! Holy fig, they're so cute...! And WARM...!"
I tried to stifle my laughter as I watched. This was about the same reaction I had... Yuto was adorable, after all.
The poor kid didn't know what to do with her. Either way, despite the excitement, Haruka wasn't rough with him, and he didn't look like it hurt.
Still, I pried my friend from him and tried to calm her down. Yuto blushing and tugged at the corner of his ears.
"Uh... I'll... I'll be in the kitchen if you need me..." Without saying anything more, he quietly shuffled away.
I smiled, turning to Haruka. "That's Yuto. Isn't he the cutest?"

"He's adorable!! Is he single?"

I gasped and slapped her arm, but she just laughed it off nonchalantly.
"So," she went on suspiciously. "Where's this, uh.... Foxy friend of yours..?"
I rolled my eyes, trying not to act too affected by her words. "He's out on the porch. He sits out there a lot."

"I bet you sit out there, too. To MAKE OUT."

"Shut up!"